DVD Arch Error Message - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

I assumed you had rendered MPEG2 out of Vegas to be used in DVD Architect. What happens if you render MPEG2 from Vegas and use those instead of AVI?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks for your continued interest in this issue, Ed.
I started out with mpeg2's, following the normal work flow, but resorted to avi's after reading the DVDA help files on multi angle projects. Both scenarios (mpg or avi) gave me the same results, that is: the error message right near the end of the 3rd of 5 vob's rendered, a corrupt vob file, and an incomplete render/DVD folder.
I've found two '09 posts on sony's forum referencing failed attempts to render a multi angle project in DVDA 5, but unfortuantely with no solutions, except with one observation that DVDA4 was able to successfully render their files.
I made the jump from Vegas 4 to 8. I haven't looked back yet to see what my DVDA version was back then with Vegas 4, or if it had multi angle capability. Of course, I've been hoping the solution would eventually be with DVDA5.
Everything works fine in preview in DVDA5... cruelly, teasingly so. It just seems to fail in render... and after nearly an hour! The failed experiments were unfortunately time consuming.
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

The only multi-angle disc I made was several years ago and was in the first version that added that capability. it did work well at that time. The only other thing I could think of checking is making sure there's plenty of disc space where the temporary files are created which defaults to your C drive.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
The only other thing I could think of checking is making sure there's plenty of disc space where the temporary files are created which defaults to your C drive.
84.8 GB free on my C drive.
Thanks for the idea.

Any suggestions for soliciting free, timely comments from Sony? I requested their help many days ago, but no response to date. If it's the program's glitch, i wish they would address it on their dime.
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I was one of the posters on the Sony Support forum, trying to get DVDA5 to successfully author an alternate video track. Ran out of time but I suspect the feature is buggy in that version. I even tried another DVD authoring product and they required a continuous alternate track, whereas I wanted to put snippets in at different places and have gaps in the track. You can't always get what you want ...

The other side of this is that many of my users are not very sophisticated about switching the view to a 2nd track. And some of the DVD players are not able to navigate the tracks reliably. Then I would get returned discs and support calls.
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Gallo View Post
Ran out of time but I suspect the feature is buggy in that version... You can't always get what you want ...

...The other side of this is that many of my users are not very sophisticated about switching the view to a 2nd track. And some of the DVD players are not able to navigate the tracks reliably....
I consoled myself with the very same thoughts...
but still feel disappointed that I couldn't achieve my goal for this special project,
AND
disappointed that Sony's program is falling flat on its face on an advertised feature.
Sometimes it's hard work for me to learn to use more features in this great program. I wish they'd work a little harder to make it work on their end. I spent days trying to figure out what i may have been doing wrong (as i often must do), while they've had this out for over a year (two?), and apparently have still neither addressed it nor at least admitted to it to save us from wasting time trying to use it.
sigh...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...