DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Compositing mode for a single event (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/476886-compositing-mode-single-event.html)

George Palmier April 15th, 2010 02:35 PM

Compositing mode for a single event

Hi. Is there a way to change the compositing mode of a single event on a video track without changing the compositing mode of other events on the same track? Thanks

Don Bloom April 15th, 2010 04:12 PM

not that I know of so why not just move that particular event to it's own track. That's what I do.

George Palmier April 16th, 2010 12:41 AM

I know I can do that but in this way I will end up with many tracks on the timeline which can be confusing! But if there is no other way that's what I will have to do. Thanks for your reply

Don Bloom April 16th, 2010 06:02 AM

it can get confusing if you're using a lot of tracks but if you name each track with a descriptive name you should find it far less so. Example; "clip# 3d composite", that way you have a fairly good idea of what it is.

Thomas Moore April 16th, 2010 01:24 PM

you could put that clip it it's own veggie, do the composting and then nest it back into the master.

I've done similar things at times...

George Palmier April 16th, 2010 10:30 PM

I might have a problem understanding what you mean exactly. Can anyone give me some info on the method mentioned in the previous reply

Thomas Moore April 17th, 2010 10:17 AM

You only want to do composting on one clip or event right?

Open only that clip, or if it is an event in a larger clip cut it out paste it in it's own instance of Vegas (it's own .veg or veggie) do the composting whatever save that .veg.

Open up your main project, import the .veg that you did the composting on, drop it on the time-line in the place where that clip would go and voila!

You can also right click that clip if it's a clip by itself and do a replace and replace it with the .veg file.

Let me know if that makes more sense.

George Palmier April 18th, 2010 02:54 AM

You explained very well. Will try it out later today. Thanks a lot

George Palmier April 19th, 2010 12:01 PM

HELP needed!! Please explain how to import a .veg project into another project. I am using Vegas Pro 8.

Thomas Moore April 20th, 2010 01:02 PM

File | import | pick veg file...

Same as you would any other asset :)

Gerald Webb April 20th, 2010 02:32 PM

As Thomas said, or you can just drag them on to the timeline from windows explorer, saves a cpl of clicks.

George Palmier April 20th, 2010 10:37 PM

OK now I got it. Thaks for all your help guys

Ian Stark April 21st, 2010 01:16 AM

Just a thought - if he drops the veg (the one containing the single clip with its own compositing mode) on the timeline, will it not inherit the compositing mode from that track as well?

Thomas Moore April 21st, 2010 04:43 AM

It will inherit any effects on that track overall yes...

Gerald Webb April 21st, 2010 04:52 AM

No, I do it all the time with metal text, I guess if you change it from source alpha it may do strange things... hang on ill try it, ( play jeopardy music here........)
nah its just like i thought, its as if you are using the rendered version,
if its source alpha- its the way you saved it.
any other mode affects it it the same way it would affect any other media.