Change from WinXP/Vegas 32 to 64 bits system at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 19th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Change from WinXP/Vegas 32 to 64 bits system

I'm thinking of changing my computer system from 32 bits to 64 bits. Is it possible to continue editing my old stuff captured to my hardisks with XP/Vegas 9 - 32bits at the same computer with Wind 7/Vegas 9 - 64 bits. In other words, can I open a vegas file saved on my computer in the 32 bits system after installing Win7 and Vegas 64 bits on this computer? Or do I have to wait until all my projects are finished before changing to 64 bits system?

Leif
Leif Skoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

A lot of folks have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Vegas on their computer, mainly because some Vegas plug-ins aren't 64-bit capable yet so the answer to your question is yes.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes can definitely be done. Use 32 and 64 bit, but you may have some problems too, even with plugins that have 64 bit verrsions, if you drop a vegas file into 64 bit it still might not pick up that 64 bit version of the plugin you used in the 32 bit version as being the same plugin. I especially ran into this with new blue stuff.
Matteo Manson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...