Learning Simple Titles in Vegas Pro 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Learning Simple Titles in Vegas Pro 9

Sorry to be a nuisance, but can anyone point me to a site explaining how to do simple titles without having to spend ages going through heaps of un-related stuff.

All I want to do is place some colored text with fades, over a plain solid color background. I found the "Help" in Vegas quite useless for simply doing this. - Got the text OK, but having trouble with the text color, & then placing it so it shows shows over the background.

"Oh this used to be so simple in good'ole Adobe Prem 6.5" - just worked it out without having to look at anything !

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Just drop a text generated media on the timeline. You can change the text/font/size/color/position/etc... from the generated media dialog. Pick one with a "checkerboard" background so the lower tracks will show through and make sure you put the title on a separate track ABOVE the video.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks very much again Edward. Fixed in a flash ! - Why is it that in about two lines you can explain something as simple as this yet the Vegas help says either nothing or a four page diatribe?

Pity Vegas doesn't use you to write their manuals or even a simple tutorial for non-pros. But of course there are always your excellent newsletters.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #4
New Boot

You Tube has a bunch of quick tutorials too . Try typing "sony vegas title tutorial" and you'll be jamming....
Kenneth Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks to you too, Kenneth I will have a look.

Isn't this a great forum !

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...