DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   13 minutes to load project in 9.0d (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/477669-13-minutes-load-project-9-0d.html)

Ed Kishel April 26th, 2010 06:28 PM

13 minutes to load project in 9.0d

Tried to post this in the 9.0d release thread, but it was closed (not sure why- the issue is not resolved).

Having long load times (over 10 minutes for a basic 2 minute cuts-only project) and when I try to preview Cineform clips in the media explorer, it hangs for like 30 seconds before it will play. Try and grab 5 Cineform clips to drag into the project media folder and total lockup.

I have tried the ctrl+shift thingy, an uninstall-reinstall, and the aviplug.dll replacement- nothing helps. When I tried to go back to 9.0c, Vegas would not recognize any media files at all. My media folders all showed empty, and when I tried to import a clip, Vegas said it would not recognize the file. And I got the missing file popup after opening a previous project.

Cineform told me its on Sony's end and that they know about the problem. I don't know that for sure since there has been no word from an official Sony rep on this load time issue. I submitted a support question last week- no response yet.

Chris Barcellos April 26th, 2010 11:51 PM

What is really happening in 9d from my perspective is that when you try to use import and open a folder, Vegas, for some reason, in the explorer window takes a long time to recognize selections. Eventually, if left sitting, it will recognize the selection. But its really slow, taking a long time to recognize my highlighting of the files. Also Cineforms first light fais to report change to Vegas, and locks the time line up if the file changed in First Light is on the time line. In 9c, first light changes were immediately reflected on the time line.

I finally uninstalled 9d completely, and did a clean install of 9c, to get back functionality.

John Estcourt April 26th, 2010 11:57 PM

Ed please can you report this to Sony support as the more people that report it the more chance there is of a fix.
Ive suffered the same issues and filed a ticket with Sony, no fix yet but at least they know.
thanks john

Gerald Webb April 27th, 2010 01:26 AM

I reported on the other thread about a week ago that all was good in 9d...............
Well after doing a shoot over the weekend and starting to edit (HD cineform) im back to 8c again,,,,
I had it all, long load times ( fresh projects created in 9d by the way), random disappearing acts- render as, avi......goooooneeeeee! Vegas just packed up and went home, not even in the task bar anymore, and numerous crashes.
My love hate relationship with Vegas is in a bad place right now.
Can anyone tell me any advantage in 9d compared with 9c, 9c was great for me.

Edward Troxel April 27th, 2010 07:06 AM

Sony is aware of this issue.