DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   CineForm codec playback issues in Vegas Pro 9 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/477686-cineform-codec-playback-issues-vegas-pro-9-a.html)

Buba Kastorski April 26th, 2010 09:43 PM

CineForm codec playback issues in Vegas Pro 9

I'm not sure if this was posted here before,
all my problems with Vegas were related to 5D files converted with cineform,
not just playback, but red frames and crashes during rendering
with this fix so far i don't see any,
need to knock on the wood

Chris Barcellos April 26th, 2010 11:39 PM

Vegas 9d is buggy at this point. 9c is pretty clean. People had been complaining about inordinate load times.

Tonight, I tried pulling in a large group of Cineform converted files, and indeed, there is a near lock up. It is not really locking up, but just taking ages to load the files. I recall this happened a year or more back in 8 or 7 in one of the builds, and it was eventually ironed out. Once I did get the files to the time line, they played back fine.

But 9d also locked up when I took a file that was on the time line in Vegas, into the First Light, and adjusted it there, then toggled back to Vegas 9d. It started the famous "working" circle that never ended.... When I did same thin in 9c, it automatically reflected the changes I made in First Light.

For the moment, I will go back to 9c as everything worked there and await a Vegas fix. I don't think it is a Cineform issue.

Edward Troxel April 27th, 2010 07:03 AM

Ok, let's clear things up here:

Yes, 9d has some bugs as does 9c and 9b and 9a and 9.0 and all other software out there more complicated than a simple "hi there" display. But I would not say that 9d is worse than 9c and is vital if you need the new features it added.

Slow opening - some people have reported this - many others have not. I've seen some various solutions listed and am sure Sony is working on an update to resolve this.

But definitely thanks for reporting your specific case as the information is needed. It does not, however, mean that all users will have that exact same issue.

Buba Kastorski April 27th, 2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 1520046)
Tonight, I tried pulling in a large group of Cineform converted files, and indeed, there is a near lock up. It is not really locking up, but just taking ages to load the files. .

Chris, have you tried to swap the DLL? because after i did, project loading time went back to notmal in 9d.

Chris Barcellos April 27th, 2010 10:13 PM

Buba:

All right! That worked! I am now using 9d without the problem reported above. First light is also updating to the time. For those having the Cineform slow loading issue, try this work out from the Vegas forum. Its just a matter of replacing a DLL file in the subdirectory for Vegas 9,

Nicholas de Kock May 10th, 2010 06:10 PM

Finally! My Vegas works like a dream again! Thanks, I was growing old waiting for Vegas to load.