DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Pro 9.0e update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/478672-vegas-pro-9-0e-update.html)

Mike Kujbida May 13th, 2010 06:11 PM

Vegas Pro 9.0e update

Vegas Pro 9.0e

Notable fixes/changes in Version 9.0e

* Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when opening a project and building audio proxy files for media files that have been moved.
* Fixed an issue that caused AVI files to load slowly.
* Fixed an issue that caused projects containing HDV and AVCHD files to load slowly.
* Fixed an issue that could prevent single-layer PSD files from opening.
* Fixed an issue opening layered grayscale PSD files. You can convert these images to RGB Color mode for access to the layers.
* Fixed an issue that prevented 5.1 surround projects from being burned to DVD from the timeline.

Ryan Laytart May 13th, 2010 07:26 PM

The single layer psd problem is what caused me to revert to 9.0c. Glad they fixed it, but I don't see any reason to update at this point.

Michael Ojjeh May 13th, 2010 08:34 PM

I don't see a fix for large HDV files, I am staying with Vegas8 for big projects and Vegas9 for a small projects.
Sony has a lot of work to do before they can gain my trust in Vegas software.

Jeff Harper May 14th, 2010 09:28 AM

It opens much faster for HDV...very nice.

Thomas Moore May 14th, 2010 11:53 AM

I tried opening up a couple cineform projects in 64bit 9e and they opened very quickly.

Jeff Harper May 14th, 2010 12:28 PM

Using VASST multicamera with two lines of m2t files the performance is improved greatly on the timeline.

Randall Leong May 14th, 2010 06:19 PM

I haven't played around with 9.0e yet. But I did uninstall 9.0d and installed 9,0e.

David Stoneburner May 15th, 2010 12:17 PM

is it best to uninstall d and reinstall e or can you install on top?

Marius Boruch May 15th, 2010 12:20 PM

It will not work with Magic Bullets!
I upgraded to 9.0e and to my surprise the system stopped working with MB Looks; in 8.0 and 9.0 b,c,d it was working in real time when MB filters were applied but not anymore with 9.0e; preview went down to 4-6 fps and I have two graphics cards in SLI configuration (8800 GTS 640MB each). My system is very powerful with i7 CPU (OC'd to 3.4MHz and 12 GB DDR3). What happened Sony people; what have you "improved"????

P.S. I uploaded newest drivers from Nvidia but it didn't help.

Chris Barcellos May 15th, 2010 01:57 PM

Loaded 9e, and worked with a Cineform from Canon 5D and TI2 project a bit without problem.

Adam Stanislav May 15th, 2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Stoneburner (Post 1527341)
is it best to uninstall d and reinstall e or can you install on top?

Just double-click the .msi file. It will ask you if you want to update from whatever version you have. Assuming it is a prior 9 version, just say yes and it is a completely painless process, and you do not even have to re-enter the serial number and such. No need to uninstall d.

Jeff Harper May 15th, 2010 10:15 PM

I think they got it right this time for my purposes...I'm very impressed. I installed on top of D also...perfect.

Scott Hegman May 19th, 2010 12:39 AM

real fast and slow

I said "Wow!" when I saw how fast the project media loaded and "Whoa!" when I saw how the preview became a slideshow. I'll try it more tomorrow, but I hope the bad doesn't outweigh the good for me.

Magnus Helander May 19th, 2010 08:20 AM

Well..

We're running 64bit 9e on win7 and something has changed in 9e - projects now load in Buzz Lightyear speed.

I wonder how many at SCS who did face-palm when they realized that the AVI loading/online'ing module has been far from optimized for a very long time and a number of Vegas releases - hopefully they gave the programmer who found out a massive cash bonus or unlimited jolt cola for a year.

/magnus

Larry Reavis May 19th, 2010 10:41 AM

I installed 9e last night and, yes, it's brisk. However, there are reports on the Sony forum of renders being 3x slower. I won't have time to test this for myself anytime soon - has anyone check this out? True for all codecs? True when rendering to Cineform, for example?