9.0e will not work with Magic Bullets Looks, Mojo, HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Major Player

9.0e will not work with Magic Bullets Looks, Mojo, HD

It will not work with Magic Bullets!
I upgraded to 9.0e and to my surprise the system "stopped" working with MB Looks; in 8.0 and 9.0 b,c,d it was working in real time when MB filters were applied but not anymore with 9.0e; preview went down to 4-6 fps and I have two graphics cards in SLI configuration (8800 GTS 640MB each). My system is very powerful with i7 CPU (OC'd to 3.4MHz and 12 GB DDR3). What happened Sony people; what have you "improved"???

I uploaded newest software from Red Giant - Mojo but it will not work either (although it was working nicely in 9.0 b,c,d...

P.S. I uploaded newest drivers from Nvidia but it didn't help.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #2
Old Boot

For Magic Bullet, repro-ed here too.

I need to allow at least 10>15 loop plays to get to 25fps, and that's using the "Adjust size and Quality . . " setting for previewing.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Anyone heard anything further from Red Giant/Sony about this? It's a bit of a showstopper for some people.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've upgraded a desktop and laptop to 9.0e, and MB Mojo seems to work fine on both machines. Both machines operate on Win 7 (64-bit).
Brad Higerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Anyone heard anything further from Red Giant/Sony about this? It's a bit of a showstopper for some people.
At least you guys can get MBL to work somewhat. When I use it, I get an OGL error in LooksBuilder. I posted something on their message board about MBL 1.4 (newest version) and Vegas Pro 9, but other than someone with a similar issue, I received no good ideas.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I was happy as a pig in mud with Vegas 9c. Then I installed 9D and it was a severe problem. The first issue was the preview window was showing frasmes from a PREVIOUS project. Then cutting footy for the news, it kept crashing as I was cutting out the whip pans.

In the end I uninstalled 9d, and reloaded 9c from scratch.

A friend of mine had just downloaded and installed 9e, and I was about to do the same when he said hold off, as it was taking ages to load cineform files, and FRAPS captures of microsofts flight sim. It took seven hours to load up. As soon as he removed the FRAPS captures, the one hour docco loaded in 15 seconds.

Make no mistake, vegas 9 a to c is brilliant, and worth every single cent. But there IS something wrong with versions d and e.

Ben
Ben Longden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I'm having the best luck with version e...I'm loving it, better than all previous versions of 9 for me. I don't use MB any longer, threw it in the trash long ago...I've switched to NewBlue...MB is too glitchy and takes to long too render. Magic Bullet has some very nice looks, but it is not worth the trouble for me.

On the other hand, I've not seen a single post about NewBlue not working...it is bullet proof...very good stuff.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Jeff,

good to hear about 9e. I have not used 9 in ages. are you in 32 or 64 world, or both??

I just downloaded e in 32 bit and will give it a try this week on an event I am working on this week.

How is it doing in cineform?

Dale
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Dale, I'm using 64 bit only. I discovered after some issues, it is best for me to use one or the other, but not both 32 bit and 64 bit. I've only got 64 bit installed. I don't use cineform, so I can't comment on that...

BTW, regarding MB, I had said it was too glitchy. I was wrong to say that. It always worked for me fine, just ridiculous render times. I used the term glitchy in terms of what I had seen others going through with it, and the fact it wouldn't work with 64 bit Vegas. It is a marvelous program, and I still miss a couple of settings I used a lot, but I'm living without it just fine.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 03:10 AM   #10
Major Player

Sadly Red Giant don't seem to be too interested in Vegas enough to create 64bit versions of their plugins. They made sure all their plugins were updated to work with the 64bit CS5 apps, but Vegas, no time soon.

All I can suggest is writing to them about it which I've already done a couple of times. Hit up Stu @ ProLost - ProLost Blog while you're at it. Hopefully if they get enough people asking for it they'll eventually wake up and realise how much money they're leaving on the table by not releasing 64bit versions.
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Dale,

Vegas 9.0e and Cineform are working great on my Sony I-7 laptop and my Dell desktop (both running Win 7 64-bit). And again, MB Mojo seems to be operating normally.

Brad
Brad Higerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM   #12
Major Player

Note: The OGL error that I previously noted with MB LooksBuilder has disappeared, using the new beta nVidia video driver, version 257.15.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...