Rendering Formats at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Major Player

Rendering Formats

I am on a PC using Studio 9 PE and processing MOV files from a Canon 5Dmk2 via CineForm conversion to an AVI. I've renedering out of Vegas at 720p and either the 30 or 24 fps.

My goal is to have the best looking computer playable/ Vimeo or YouTube HD video for my clients to view. I know that I have to render differently for SD (Mp2)

My "choices" in the dropdown for Mp4 is only Sony AVC which the manual says is "for rendering to PSP"

The way I see it if i'm not burning this to BR then I just want the best render settings to render for view on internet in best possible quality. what format is that??

(I won't know whether the viewer is on a Mac or a PC) so I've kind of leaned toward Vimeo or YouTube distribution so clients can point friends to it to share.

So what render format?
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Major Player

You have a few more options than that...go take a look...
Attached Thumbnails
Rendering Formats-movie-studio-render-settings.jpg  
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Major Player

initial format??? your screenshot is showing templates for the Sony MP4 format......
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Check this out: TUTORIALS: Vimeo HD exporting guides from many editors in the Help Forum on Vimeo . But it's not necessarily correct anymore, check Vimeo and Youtube for the formats they currently prefer and use those (from memory Vimeo now prefers 1080p mpg4).
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...