MRC1 files and Vegas 9.0d - no preview image? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 26th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Major Player

MRC1 files and Vegas 9.0d - no preview image?

I'm hoping someone might shed some light on the challenge I've had with files from my Sony MRC1 compact flash recorder. I'm using it to with my V1U camera, no capture issues in the field and no edit issues with tape. However, I'm having display issues in the timeline and preview window of Vegas Pro with these MRC1 files. I'm using a Core i7 920 PC with 6GB RAM, running Vista SP2 64bit. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm capturing .m2t or DV files, the same thing happens:

1. I transfer the files onto my video storage drive (eSATA) using Sony's transfer utility or the "import" feature of Vegas.
2. I import the files into the media bin of a new project.
3. I drag the files to the timeline. When I do, the video filmstrip (thumbnails) appears properly, but the audio track only displays a waveform for the first 5 minutes. After that it's just a straight line. But when I play the video, I hear the audio just fine.
4. Video does not show in the preview window at any resolution - it's just a black window. Sometimes, if I save and close the program then re-open it, the preview image will appear. But it will disappear again after a bit of editing.
5. The black window also affects rendering.

Does anyone have a clue what might be happening here?
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...