DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Importing MP4 files shot with EX-1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/479845-importing-mp4-files-shot-ex-1-a.html)

Phil Gosselin June 3rd, 2010 01:32 PM

Importing MP4 files shot with EX-1

Hi all,

I am about to edit a project shot with a EX-1. Last time I edited a project shot with this camera I had to import each clip individually, which wasn't a hassle because the entire project was shot over 3-4 takes.

Now my current project has 300+ shots and I would love to import them all at once. I shudder at the mere thought of having to go into each folder and import the files individually.

I couldn't find a way to do that last time around, do you have any tips regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Phil

Ike Tamigian June 3rd, 2010 03:31 PM

Vegas Pro 9 has full support for EX-1 import in View/Device Explorer.

Previous to ver 9 there is this tutorial

Sony Creative Software - Training - Vegas Pro XDCAM - XDCAM EX workflow

Hope this helps.

Phil Gosselin June 3rd, 2010 04:20 PM

Hi Ike,

Problem is that I don't have the device, just the files.

Thanks for the pointers though because I opened the Device Explorer and the the source to a root folder instead of a device. That did it, all the clips were seen and Vegas is importing them as I type.

Cheers,

Phil

Ike Tamigian June 3rd, 2010 04:28 PM

Device Explorer doesn't need the actual device. Just the SxS card or an external storage device with the correct dir/file structure from the EX series.

Glad it worked. Have fun.

Adam Stanislav June 3rd, 2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Tamigian (Post 1534586)
or an external storage device with the correct dir/file structure from the EX series.

Or even the local hard drive with the same file structure.

Craig Kovatch August 27th, 2010 12:30 AM

How does one create the right file structure so the drive is visible? I have all of my clips on one HD, but the drive letter doesn't come up.

Thanks.

Charles Newcomb September 1st, 2010 11:06 AM

If I understand your question correctly: On my system I have to tun on the device BEFORE I start up Vegas to make it appear in the explorer tab.

Garrett Low September 1st, 2010 01:20 PM

Even though Vegas Pro 9 takes native MP4 XDCAM EX files I still find it easier to convert the files to MXF's then just drag and drop them into your project.

The BPAV directory structure for created for the native files is a pain to work with IMHO.

-Garrett

Enrique Orozco Robles September 2nd, 2010 09:44 PM

"The BPAV directory structure for created for the native files is a pain to work with IMHO."

this is what I do working with native files:

... located on your BPAV folder just make a search for *.mp4 in your windows explorer window and ALL the native mp4 files appears together... in the sequence you want ... then just drag and drop on project... very easy and no need to have extra space for mxf files....

my 2 cents

Garrett Low September 3rd, 2010 08:36 AM

Hey Enrique,

This is one of those situations where you get so use to doing things one way you don't see the easy solutions in front of you.

Thanks,
Garrett