DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   VMS HD Platinum 10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/480218-vms-hd-platinum-10-a.html)

Allan Black June 10th, 2010 04:59 PM

VMS HD Platinum 10

Without much fanfare Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 is here. It now has up to 10 video tracks.

Chris Harding June 10th, 2010 05:45 PM

Hi Allan

Nice to hear from you too!!

I see VMS10 also has a built-in stabilizer ...Darn, I had to buy ProDad Mercalli for Vegas Pro!!!

I assume you will (or are thinking about an upgrade???) You must let us know your opinions

Chris

Jeff Harper June 10th, 2010 07:29 PM

It's funny how the studio products will often include little extras not included in the pro versions...

Allan Black June 11th, 2010 05:29 AM

Hi Chris ..

along comes this new upgrade so it's back to comparing features again.
I figure it'll be raining updates for a while (10abc) and time wise that has a lot to do with upgrading so I'll hang off for a bit. Be nice if it was 64bit .. that'll be about 10d :)

Cheers.

Bill Koehler June 11th, 2010 02:22 PM

I bought Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD Production Suite yesterday.

With an upgrade price from Version 9 of a whopping $40 bucks and given the extra features, I thought it was a no brainer.

The features that really made it for me:
1. Blue Ray Disk with Menu Authoring.
2. More Tracks.

Robin Davies-Rollinson June 19th, 2010 03:57 AM

I think it is an excellent programme - so much so that I have now stopped trying to edit AVCHD with Premiere!
I was glad to see that they had upgraded the awful Trimmer window to give the choice of a "proper" source preview screen as with standard NLEs.
You certainly seem to get a load of features for the money: compositing is something that I'd never even consider with Premiere...

Jon Shuler June 20th, 2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Koehler (Post 1537489)
I bought Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD Production Suite yesterday.

With an upgrade price from Version 9 of a whopping $40 bucks and given the extra features, I thought it was a no brainer.

I just checked the upgrade website and did see an upgrade for $40. How did you get it for $40?

Jon

Jon Shuler June 20th, 2010 07:23 PM

Do you know if VMS 10 is based on Vegas Pro 8 or 9?

Jon

Edward Troxel June 21st, 2010 06:33 AM

Who says it's not based on Vegas Pro 10?

Honestly, we can't answer that question.

Bill Koehler June 22nd, 2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shuler (Post 1540536)
I just checked the upgrade website and did see an upgrade for $40....
Jon

I'll assume you meant 'didn't' vs 'did'.

I got an email from Sony Creative Software with a 48 hour special price and a discount code on top of that.

This past year there was a 'brief' upgrade special to Sony Pro Vegas for $149.00, very likely an error on Sony's part. I thought about it/delayed to long and missed it, so when I saw the $40 upgrade for Movie Studio, I jumped on it.

Between the BluRay Disk authoring with menus and more tracks, the two features that really made it for me, and the low upgrade price, it was to good to let go by. The other extra goodies are just added gravy.

And as soon as I finish my current projects, I'll install and start testing the new version... :-)

Bill Koehler June 23rd, 2010 06:44 AM

2010-06-23 Sony MS 10 Production Pack Special

Sony's running another upgrade special @ $45

Sony Creative Software - Online Store - Upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 Production Suite

Jay Massengill June 23rd, 2010 12:14 PM

I also bought the $45 upgrade to the production suite yesterday and will be installing it soon. Even though I have Pro 9 on my latest machine, I edit on so many different computers between work and home and felt the deal for having a software backup was too good to pass up.