New Project loads markers from an old project...how to load new markers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Inner Circle

New Project loads markers from an old project...how to load new markers

I have a brand new DVDA project, and when I load markers the markers appearing are from a previous project that has been deleted from my PC. I CANNOT seem to load the markers from my new project. I feel certain the solution is to reinstall windows, as I've had other strange things happening lately with another program,, just thought I'd see if anyone else has a solution.

I'm using DVDA 5 and have uninstalled vegas and reinstalled to no avail.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

It should load the markers associated with the MPEG2 file (stored in a separate .sfl file). Did you name the new MPEG2 file the same as the old MPEG2 file and not create markers the second time?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Edward: The mpeg for the new project had markers, and the name of the mpeg was unsimilar to the other. Thanks for the response. BTW, what does the "Save Markers" thingy do in DVDA? I've never used it and while playing around with this project I saw it. Since I just save projects very often as I go, I can't see the need to do a separate step to save the markers...does it simply save the position of markers?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

When rendering to MPEG2 in Vegas, you must make sure the option to save the markers is checked. If the SFL file is there, it should automatically pull in the markers in that file and use them as chapter points.

The Save Markers button in DVD Architect would let you resave the markers after you've changed them. Instead, I typically just save the project.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...