DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Freezing in the same spot during render!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/480986-freezing-same-spot-during-render.html)

Patrick Janka June 26th, 2010 05:07 PM

Freezing in the same spot during render!!!

I am trying to render a 30 second commercial I produced. Every time I render it it freezes in the same spot. I have tried rendering to .mov, wmv, avi...within wmv i've tried wmv 9, 9 advanced, etc., I have removed said clip where it freezes, and still nothing. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I use EndItAll to kill every running application, I set vegas to high priority in my system resources. No matter what I do it hangs in the same spot. I then have to ctrl-alt-del the program. I'm using 9.0e. Help!

Chris Harding June 26th, 2010 08:35 PM

Hey Patrick

You don't give a lot of info but I have had two issues that crashed rendering..one was a corrupt audio WAV file and the other was the fact that I had dragged the volume level on an audio track to infinity...if you leave the slider at -30db or higher there is no issue...take it to infinity and the render crashes.

Have you tried removing items at the crash point??? Ungroup the audio and video and delete the audio and see if it renders...just work bit by bit until you see what's causing the issue!!

Chris

Stan Harkleroad June 26th, 2010 09:59 PM

Is your source footage HDV or DV? Did you capture it with Vegas or another program? If I try to use HDV footage on my machine that was captured with HDV Split Vegas lock up when I try to render. If I capture the same footage with Vegas I have no issues. On my machine Vegas just seems to really have HDV Split captured footage.

Patrick Janka June 26th, 2010 11:59 PM

I've been toying with this problem the ENTIRE day and have not figured it out. It's HDV, and I captured using Vegas. Now I'm having another problem. Half the times I try to render it's telling me I have insufficient memory. I have nothing else running. Frustration.

Chip Gallo June 28th, 2010 07:18 AM

If you are adventurous (or very desperate) you can try the hack detailed here:

Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages

It cured a rendering problem I had last year on Vegas Pro 8. Be sure to make a backup copy of the program files before editing them.

C.S. Michael June 28th, 2010 11:16 AM

Did you shoot everything with the same camera, same frame rate, same codec?

I sometimes have problems with mixing together different frame rates / codecs on the same timeline. Transcoding to a uniform frame rate / codec helps.

AVCHD seems to crash my projects with regularity. Better to transcode to a different codec.

I have also had problems with very large (1MB+) still images hanging Vegas. Compressing the images solves this problem.

Patrick Janka June 28th, 2010 12:20 PM

I'll check out that thread. Everything was shot with the same camera, same frame rate. How do I transcode the files?

Ken Jarstad June 28th, 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Janka (Post 1542711)
I am trying to render a 30 second commercial I produced.

Have you considered that you may have a corrupt primary file? HDV is MPEG-2 and I have run into a corrupt file from time to time. Try re-capturing your primary file. I have found the utility mpeg2repair.exe will not only repair an MPEG file but give me a report of the problems and fixes as well.

Magnus Helander June 28th, 2010 11:29 PM

Heat problem - unlikely but possible

I had a render crash at a certain percentage and after re-instaling, re-building, re-placing, re-everything I noticed (at 2am) things changed with the computer case open or closed - I put a big table fan blowing air into the computer and the render completed. It's worth a try.