4gb render from Vegas.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM   #1
Trustee

4gb render from Vegas....

Hi guys, is there a way to render a movie out of Vegas as an AVCHD or Bluray or MP4 and have Vegas break it up at less than 4 gb intervals so it will go onto a FAT 32 external hard drive for playback on a PS3?

Or is there another way?
PS3 only reads FAT, well it wont see anything ive got that NTFS, I wouldnt imagine it would read HFS.
I spose I could put it onto dual layer DVD or blu ray disc, bit pricey for constant previewing though.

Is there a plug in or script that will dissect a render into portions?

I'm lost, thoughts?
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

If you render to the FAT32 drive, will it automatically break it up? I know it will for other formats.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Gerald, I loaded a free program called PS3 Media Server onto my laptop and now I stream the m2ts files right to my PS3 from a USB drive that's plugged into my laptop. This way you don't have to format your drive as FAT32 and split up your video files just to preview.

Once I have about a month of these home videos, I render them all to my liking in Vegas, make an AVCHD disc in DVD Architect, and then do a few extra steps, which I can list if you need them, to get what ends up being blu ray video on a standard DVD or DL DVD disc to work on the PS3 with full menus and navigation.
Rich Petruccelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:38 AM   #4
Trustee

thanks for the help guys,
I was trying Edwards suggestion today, dont know if it worked though, why?
Because it rendered for about 5 hours and then our power supply company decided to shut the power down for a min to do some work out the front on a pole. :(
5 hours render gooooonnnnneeeee!
not happy.
Im going to download PS3 Media server and check that out as well. Thanks Rich.

Any suggestions on a good UPS?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Webb View Post
...Any suggestions on a good UPS?
Don't know what's available in your locale, but, I've been happy enough with a Cyberpower 1500wh unit. I've survived outages minor and major. I paid about $160 US a few years ago.

I usually power everything and the ups down when I'm away for days, otherwise, the ups is on 24/7. The goal is to be around if there's a power failure, so you can do an orderly shutdown. I'm guessing I'd get about 20 minutes with it...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...