DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Movie Studio v10 HD features (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/481508-movie-studio-v10-hd-features.html)

Harry Simpson July 7th, 2010 08:07 AM

Movie Studio v10 HD features

What's anyone think about the the Vegas Studio 10 HD upgrade. The new FX scope through me for a loop. I was used to setting the FX for video such as NewBlueFX Color corrector once for the whole clip. But it looks like you can now color correct just a certain part of a clip which is great but it sure surprized me after I'd adjusted the clip FX in several places and played back the result. Also the FX Timeline part of the adjusts opens full within the adjust control blocking the usual adjust window so you just have to pull it down to make the window larger to see it.

Anyone else upgrading from 8 or 9 to 10 Studio HD?

Dan Passaro July 10th, 2010 10:12 PM

I just downloaded the trial, having never used Vegas before ........... should be interesting lol :D

Robin Davies-Rollinson July 11th, 2010 05:37 AM

I'm using it and am really impressed. So much so that I've stopped using Premiere Pro - too many crashes.
Vegas 10 is so stable, whatever you throw at it - and I'm glad to see that it's now got a proper Trimmer window monitor pane like other NLE's.
I've just finished editing an hour-long three-camera shoot (one Z1 and two Canon HFS100s) shot multicam and ran them all synced together on three tracks with a common audio track. I could apply grading effects, titles etc and it didn't falter once. I'd be lucky to have done all that in Premiere.

Chase Galbraith July 11th, 2010 06:21 AM

Whats the difference between Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD and Sony Vegas Pro 9.0?
Are they to totally different products?

Thanks

Mike Kujbida July 11th, 2010 06:30 AM

Vegas Family Comparisons

Edward Troxel July 12th, 2010 10:12 AM

The "Movie Studio" line is the LITE version of the Pro line. The pro line has more features but also has fewer "hand holding" features. For example, pro has unlimited tracks. Movie Studio is limited to 4 or 10 tracks of audio and video depending on the version of VMS. Scripting, Pan/Crop masking, 3D track motion, and many other features are only in the pro version.

Harry Simpson July 12th, 2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Simpson (Post 1546068)
...I was used to setting the FX for video such as NewBlueFX Color corrector once for the whole clip. But it looks like you can now color correct just a certain part of a clip which is great but it sure surprized me after I'd adjusted the clip FX in several places and played back the result.

This new feature is somewhat perilous. Does nayone like it?? you can drop a clip onto the timeline and adjust FX settings for a specific part of the clip. I was used to the FX applied always applied to the entire clip.

Kristian Roque July 14th, 2010 06:44 PM

After using Vegas Pro 8, I downgraded to the Movie HD suite.... I kinda regret it. There are definitely limits and a few things I used ALOT that weren't there, such as 3D Motion Track, Photoshop File support (Multi Layer) If you have the money and budget.... go Pro :-)

David Rice July 14th, 2010 07:30 PM

I tried Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD for two weeks. At first I liked it. But, after awhile, I noticed there was a decrease in video render quality verses my 8.c. If your going to use Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD, I would not use the render pre-sets. Anyway, I went back to 8.c.

Edward Troxel July 15th, 2010 06:39 AM

IMO, anyone who has a Pro version should never look at the Movie Studio line and should, instead, look only at the Pro versions. Features found only in the Pro version would definitely be missed.