Movie Studio v10 HD features at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Movie Studio v10 HD features

What's anyone think about the the Vegas Studio 10 HD upgrade. The new FX scope through me for a loop. I was used to setting the FX for video such as NewBlueFX Color corrector once for the whole clip. But it looks like you can now color correct just a certain part of a clip which is great but it sure surprized me after I'd adjusted the clip FX in several places and played back the result. Also the FX Timeline part of the adjusts opens full within the adjust control blocking the usual adjust window so you just have to pull it down to make the window larger to see it.

Anyone else upgrading from 8 or 9 to 10 Studio HD?
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #2
New Boot

I just downloaded the trial, having never used Vegas before ........... should be interesting lol :D
Dan Passaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Trustee

I'm using it and am really impressed. So much so that I've stopped using Premiere Pro - too many crashes.
Vegas 10 is so stable, whatever you throw at it - and I'm glad to see that it's now got a proper Trimmer window monitor pane like other NLE's.
I've just finished editing an hour-long three-camera shoot (one Z1 and two Canon HFS100s) shot multicam and ran them all synced together on three tracks with a common audio track. I could apply grading effects, titles etc and it didn't falter once. I'd be lucky to have done all that in Premiere.
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #4
New Boot

Whats the difference between Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD and Sony Vegas Pro 9.0?
Are they to totally different products?

Thanks
Chase Galbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Vegas Family Comparisons
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

The "Movie Studio" line is the LITE version of the Pro line. The pro line has more features but also has fewer "hand holding" features. For example, pro has unlimited tracks. Movie Studio is limited to 4 or 10 tracks of audio and video depending on the version of VMS. Scripting, Pan/Crop masking, 3D track motion, and many other features are only in the pro version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Simpson View Post
...I was used to setting the FX for video such as NewBlueFX Color corrector once for the whole clip. But it looks like you can now color correct just a certain part of a clip which is great but it sure surprized me after I'd adjusted the clip FX in several places and played back the result.
This new feature is somewhat perilous. Does nayone like it?? you can drop a clip onto the timeline and adjust FX settings for a specific part of the clip. I was used to the FX applied always applied to the entire clip.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #8
Regular Crew

After using Vegas Pro 8, I downgraded to the Movie HD suite.... I kinda regret it. There are definitely limits and a few things I used ALOT that weren't there, such as 3D Motion Track, Photoshop File support (Multi Layer) If you have the money and budget.... go Pro :-)

Last edited by Kristian Roque; July 14th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Major Player

I tried Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD for two weeks. At first I liked it. But, after awhile, I noticed there was a decrease in video render quality verses my 8.c. If your going to use Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD, I would not use the render pre-sets. Anyway, I went back to 8.c.
David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #10
Sponsor: JET DV

IMO, anyone who has a Pro version should never look at the Movie Studio line and should, instead, look only at the Pro versions. Features found only in the Pro version would definitely be missed.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...