The DVD Architect FREEZE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The DVD Architect FREEZE

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit Pro. I brought over DVD Architect 4.0 from my old system. On my new system, the programs frezzes everytime I press the 'Make DVD' button. I have updated all my driver on my burner, and the burner works just fine when I use Encore, or Nero. Is there come kind of update I need with Architect to work with Windows 7? Thank you for any help you all can give me.

-William
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Major Player

This thread may provide answers for you
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I found my old release notes for DVD Architect 4 and it doesn't even support Vista, so I imagine you're headed for a lot of issues trying to run it under Win 7.

I also checked the release notes for DVD Architect 4.5, and it does support Vista. Maybe you can get a free upgrade to 4.5? Depends on how you aquired DVD Architect 4.

Dave
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have experienced a variety of issues with Nero disrupting other programs, thought it's been a while and I cannot be specific. The primary thing to try is to go into sytem configuration utility and disable all start up items for Nero. This might or might not help.

DVDA, I believe to be extremely stable and should work fine in Windows 7. I have notice SO many posts that announce issues with Vegas or DVDA and then by the end of thread they find the issue is not at all with the program, but with something else...one person had freezing with Vegas because they had preview ram set incorrectly, for example. In another DVDA worked find when the source files were on a different drive. (In that case the drive likely needed reformatted, etc.).

Just keep chipping away...you'll find the problem, I doubt that DVDA is the actual issue at all.

And yes, it would be frustrating that you can burn with other programs but not DVDA, but I would still look elsewhere for solution first.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Bottom line is that DVD Architect 4 does not support Win 7. If you want to get Win 7 support, upgrade Vegas/DVD Architect to the newest version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...