DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   how do I convert to DivX straight from Vegas 8? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/481655-how-do-i-convert-divx-straight-vegas-8-a.html)

Federico Perale July 10th, 2010 07:52 AM

how do I convert to DivX straight from Vegas 8?

I downloaded the DivX converter plus from the official webiste (DivX Plus Converter ? Video converter to encode DivX & MKV | DivX.com) but the DivX option still doesn't show in my rendering options in Vegas

Fed

Graham Bernard July 10th, 2010 11:49 PM

I go:

Render As | Template (Uncompressed) | Custom | Video Format (drop down menu) | DivX

But then, VEgas throws a wobbly and doesn't wish to render to DivX and so I don't do it form Vegas anymore, but rather make a AVI and use DivX Converter outside of Vegas!

Grazie

Federico Perale July 11th, 2010 05:10 AM

I have the same problem

If I go to custom I am given two options : DivX 6.9.2 decoder and DivX 6.9.2 codec Logical Plus

this 2nd one allows for other parameters to be changed but no matter what I do, when I then try to render, Vegas will go "the select coded doesn't support the current render settings"

any idea how to solve this?

Graham Bernard July 11th, 2010 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federico Perale (Post 1547320)
any idea how to solve this?

Other than going Exo-Vegas? None. I get the same thing.

Grazie

Paul Fierlinger July 12th, 2010 05:29 AM

If this pertains to the question asked (not sure) when I want to Preview in DivX Player I use the Xvid MPEG-4 Codec. But I also have all my other Players restricted from playing AVI and QT, and my DivX player set to play .mov and ,avi.

David Stoneburner July 14th, 2010 09:03 AM

I've been rendering to Divx with no problems. I'm not at my editor, but if I remember right pick avi and then the divx codec. Divx is what I send to YouTube.

Federico Perale July 14th, 2010 09:17 AM

I can see DivX in the rendering options templates, but then when I try to go for it, Vegas tells me it cannot proceed...

Gerald Webb July 15th, 2010 04:53 AM

hey, for anyone who is interested, here's my findings from the last few years.....
No matter what, I have never gotten 32 bit or 64 bit Vegas to render a DIV X from a 64 bit Operating system, Vista or 7.
If anyone has, please share the knowledge how.
You can do it with the DIV X converter ok but just not with Vegas.
I think it is a glitch to do with the MP3 audio, DIV X wants MP3, Vegas wont give it. No matter how many times you select it in the render window, it changes back when you navigate away.
I gave up trying to solve it ages ago.
If I want DIV X from Vegas, I just boot into good old XP PRO and it works like a charm.
Hope this saves some gray hairs for someone.
:)