Nee help: Editing XDCAM ex and XDCAM at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew
Nee help: Editing XDCAM ex and XDCAM

I have a client that needs help, as I shot some video on my EX 3 and another cameraman shoot some video for the same project, but shot it on Sony XDCAM on a Sony F350. here is what he said:

I need to ask you a question?

Remember Glen down in Louisiana...the still photographer/videographer...well J-W has sent him to Colorado to shot video and they have given me two discs of his video which he says they are XDCam footage just like what you shot...however their syntax is .mov files.
Vegas Pro 9e has XDCam import capabilities...but my program will not see these files period...
Do you know if the XDcam files that you shoot are indeed .mov files?

I have the latest version of Vegas Pro 9e but neither of my two computers can load these files (.movs)... it says that it needs something else from QuickTime. But does not tell me what!

Just thought I would ask.

so please help?
William Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...