Sync audio plugin for Vegas 8? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sync audio plugin for Vegas 8?

I shot some video with a canon T1i (30 fps) and captured audio with Zoom H2. The audio/video gradually gets out of sync with the Zoom H2 audio getting ahead of the video/audio from the T1i.

Recently i read a post on this forum that mentioned a plug-in or tool for vegas that sync'd audio clips. Does anyone know about it? I searched the forum, for a while but could not find it anywhere.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

PluralEyes is probably the software you were thinking of but, due to the drift (a known issue with the H2), it's going to take some work to get it to do what you want.
The recommended procedure is to chop it into ~10 min chunks, being careful to do so in quiet spots and at zero crossings, then let PluralEyes do the lining up for you.

The other way (without buying PluralEyes) is to stretch/shrink the audio from the H2 using the Ctrl key until it's the same length as the video.
Pro 9 has an audio feature called Elastique that will help getting the pitch to remain the same after stretching.
It's found by clicking "Properties" on an audio track. Change the method to "Elastique" and click "lock to stretch", and it seems to eliminate the echo when stretching.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Mike.

That's the method I used after I posted, but I'll look into pluraleyes also. That is the software I was looking for.

I wonder if Vegas 8 has a way to easily adjust the pitch when stretching the audio? Either way, my video clips are not too long, so syncing is not a problem really.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Jacob, you do the same thing in Pro 8 but choose "Classic" as "Elastique" isn't an option.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...