Problem with Vegas 9e & Cineform Neoscene at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Problem with Vegas 9e & Cineform Neoscene

Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me with my issue.

I have captured my footage with Neoscene and when I drop it into the timeline. I can view the clips in the preview box; however the clip on the timeline is all distorded and fuzzy.
Can someone tell me as how I can fix this issue I tried it with the Vegas 8 and there is no problem there.

Regards
Matthew
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What is your preview window set at. Sounds like it is set in Draft mode... Change it to Best, and reduce to good or preview, if you don't get full motion playback. Depending on your machine, you will get full playback in Best, assuming you don't have a lot of filtering going on,
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Chris,

I don't any problem viewing the clip in the preview box, it's the clip on the acctual timeline that is all distorded.

Matthew
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Matt:

When I say preview, I am talking about the window your time line is being played to. When I edit, I am using a two screens, so I have undocked that and moved it to my second screen, but if you have a single monitor, you will most likely have it playing with the the Vegas window.

Anyway, up in the left corner of the preview windown, there are several icons selections. The fifth one over selects quality of the preview window. Use the pull down menu to select. Some people have it on auto, and the program selects based on resources it sees. But if you want to see best frame output, you need to select best.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...