vegas 9 builds peaks every time I open at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 8th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #1
New Boot

vegas 9 builds peaks every time I open

I'm assuming that I'm just missing something simple, but everytime I open any saved project in Vegas 9e 64bit it builds peaks. Past versions, once I saved after the peaks were built it would simply open and I could go about my business. It does them quickly, but is becoming a slight annoyance. Just wondering if there is a simple solution.
Frank Grumeretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

It should not be building them every time. Once built the first time, that should be sufficient from that point forward. I don't know what causes it to sometimes do that. Is it any one particular file? or all files?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #3
New Boot

Yeah weird huh? Vegas 9, 32bit never did it. I installed the 64bit on a new machine about a month ago and it does it on every project which had me thinking it was just a check box in the preferences or something. Matched it up side by side with my other computer running the 32bit version and they are identical. I've edited 4 or 5 projects on the new system and it does it everytime. Is it possible it could be something with the actual computer?
Frank Grumeretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

You might try deleting all SFK files and see if that helps.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...