DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Sony VEGAS PRO 10 Announced! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/484534-sony-vegas-pro-10-announced.html)

Adrian Bueno Escolar September 10th, 2010 05:52 AM

Sony VEGAS PRO 10 Announced!

IBC, Amsterdam, 10th September 2010 – At the IBC Conference in Amsterdam, Sony Creative Software today announced the most recent upgrade to Sony’s award-winning nonlinear HD video and audio editing application, Vegas Pro 10. The software application provides broad audio and video support for media ingest, editing and delivery workflows for a wide variety of professional production.

New features in the 32 and 64-bit versions of Vegas Pro 10 include powerful stereoscopic 3D editing tools. Additional features include enhanced closed captioning, broadened video effect support and new event level audio effects, as well as workflow and user interface enhancements. These updates will enable professional media creators to quickly produce and deliver compelling content for broadcast distribution, theatrical releases, YouTube 3D and prepare content for DVD and Blu-ray™ titles.

Vegas Pro 10 Feature Highlights include:

* Stereoscopic 3D Editing: Vegas Pro 10 facilitates the creation of 3D projects by enabling users to import, adjust, edit, preview and export stereoscopic 3D projects with no additional tools or plug-ins. While fully compatible with the latest 3D TV technology, anaglyph viewing is also provided making it possible to preview in 3D on any monitor
* Improved Closed Captioning: Improved support for closed captions enables broadcasters to preview captions in the Preview and Trimmer windows for increased accuracy and ease of editing. Other improvements include increased support for line 21 closed captions, HD-SDI closed captions, multiple closed captioning file types as well as the ability to export captions for Sony DVD Architect™, YouTube™, RealPlayer®, QuickTime™, and Windows Media Player®
* Expanded Multicam Functionality: Updated multicam feature provides a more robust editing and preview experience by offering the ability to view the multicam source clips and the full-screen edited program output simultaneously

* Improved support for DSLR video: Performance improvements make editing video from popular DSLR cameras faster and easier
* Track Grouping: This update offers a quick and easy way to organise and manage complex projects by grouping related sections of video and audio together for a cleaner working environment
* Advanced Transport Controls: UI modifications offer more efficient access to important editing tools, providing a more intuitive workflow while improving overall productivity
* Image Stabilisation: New stabilisation tools greatly reduce jittery or ‘shaky’ video sometimes caused by hand-held recording

* Video Plug-in SDK: Video Effects Plug-in Architecture: Vegas Pro 10 now offers completely new video effects plug-in architecture based on the Open Effects Association standard. This open, industry leading standard was created from the combined experience of the leading companies in the visual effects realm. The new architecture is accessed by a software development kit (SDK) which is more powerful and reduces the developer’s workload by automating UI – both of which will benefit editors by expanding greatly the available visual effects for Vegas Pro 10
* GPU Accelerated AVC Encoding: Users with CUDA-enabled nVidia video cards are now able to encode to the Sony AVC format with improved rendering performance and speed
* Device Support: Sony continues to add expanded device support with each new version including HD-SDI adapters, Sony NXCAM cameras, and broader support for DVD and Blu-ray optical burning drives

* Audio Event FX: For more precise control over the placement of audio effects, Vegas Pro 10 allows editors to assign audio effects at the master output, bus level, track level and now the event level for greater flexibility when working with multitrack projects
* Input Busses: Input Busses now enable editors to record, mix and monitor audio from external hardware devices
* VU meters: The Vegas Pro Mixing Console view becomes even more powerful with the addition of VU metering
* Track Meters: Track Meters provide direct feedback and a faster editing workflow throughout the record, edit and mix process

Bruce Phung September 10th, 2010 06:55 AM

Sony A++++++++++++ I can't wait to upgrade from 9.0. Exactly what I have to do to enable my computer to use my Nivida GTX260 card? It does automatically? or i have to change settings. I appreciate if someone here can give some details how it done to get GPU Acceleration.

Mike Kujbida September 10th, 2010 07:36 AM

Be advised that the release date is Oct. 10. 2010

Bruce, here's what the Sony site said about GPU rendering.

GPU-Accelerated AVC Encoding

Editors using a CUDA-enabled NVIDIA® video card are able to encode to the Sony AVC format using GPU-accelerated rendering - providing improved AVC rendering performance and speed, ensuring final projects are published faster than ever before.

Magnus Helander September 10th, 2010 07:37 AM

Link

Ships from October 11
Vegas Pro 10 Coming Soon Overview

Image Stabilizer is proDAD's Mercalli
Mercalli V2

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ingconsole.jpg

Great stuff!

/m

James Binder September 10th, 2010 07:37 AM

more...

Sony Unveils Vegas Pro 10 Software Featuring Native Stereoscopic 3D Video Editing Workflow - Technology News - redOrbit

Adrian Bueno Escolar September 10th, 2010 07:39 AM

YouTube - Sony Vegas Pro 10 - the real one

James Binder September 10th, 2010 07:42 AM

<<Improved support for DSLR video: Performance improvements make editing video from popular DSLR cameras faster and easier>>

Wish they were a tad more specific here. Native mp4 editing? :-) pipe dream?

James Binder September 10th, 2010 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool stuff...

Jeff Harper September 10th, 2010 09:44 AM

This release sounds exciting. I will be prepared for a glitchy first release, as we all should be; but this does sound pretty cool.

Craig Longman September 10th, 2010 10:41 AM

I'm excited to see the OFX support for plug-ins, it's a very tedious plug-in API, C based and named property get/set system. But it does provide for far more interaction with the host application. And it's widely used by the 'big boys' in the FX world.

I'll be really disappointed if they don't implement that API in VMS. The two APIs are so different, it would be unnecessarily tedious for developers to have to implement both.

Dror Levi September 10th, 2010 03:03 PM

Anything about real-time performance?

Jim Snow September 10th, 2010 06:11 PM

I gather this means no GPU supported rendering for MPEG?

"GPU Accelerated AVC Encoding: Users with CUDA-enabled nVidia video cards are now able to encode to the Sony AVC format with improved rendering performance and speed"

Tom Robertson September 10th, 2010 06:32 PM

Can't wait for this one! Has some stuff I can use immediately.

Randall Leong September 10th, 2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Snow (Post 1568073)
I gather this means no GPU supported rendering for MPEG?

Regrettably, MPEG encoding is still software-only. That's because systems with relatively fast CPUs - even with sluggish GPUs or a mere IGP - can already encode 1080p MPEG in real-time.

Vincent Mesman September 11th, 2010 02:22 AM

I´m in heaven!

Talked to the Sony guy at IBC and he remembered seeing Vegas pro 10 in combination with nvidia 3D-vision.

That would mean you do not have to buy a 3D capable HDSDI adapter to connect to a relatively cheap 3D capable computer screen in combination with active glasses to view in 100% 1920x1080p25.

However, if you want to connect to one of those brand new Sony 3D broadcast monitors (wearing passive "real 3D" glasses) you still need a Blackmagic Design or AJA adapter. I think this limits the optical resolution by 50%.

Be warned that support for nvidia 3D-vision might not be implemented in a first release.

From October 11 on there will be a fully functional 30-days demo version of Vegas pro v10 available for download.