I can't see anything in .vob file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Major Player

I can't see anything in .vob file

I know this is not a Vegas relate but I need help. Something has happened now I can't burn DVD or see .VOB file. I used DVDA to prepared the video file and I drag that .vob file ane audio file into Imgburn do the burning. The Verify is gray out and nothing is on the DVD when it finished burninh. The DVD look not burning any data at all. I went to look at the .vob file but there is nothing and can't open it. in the pass I am able just to click on the .vob file and play the video. Now I can't open it .
Here is the screen shot. Please give some idea what I have to do to be able to open and play .vob file again.

PS. I don't it has anything to do with Irfanview I downloaded it today, I decide to deleted that program and I still can't open .vob file
Attached Thumbnails
I can't see anything in .vob file-untitled.png  
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I've never used ImgBurn but with any other burning app, I have to drag the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, not just .vob files, to it to be able to burn a DVD.

BTW, IrfanView has nothing to do it and you should keep it as it's a great program.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Mike
Thanks for your reply. Yes I did drag the video folder aand audio folder. I open the video folder there is nothing there, that is why I attach a screen shot, as you can see there is nothing in the video folder.

Never mind. I got it all squared away.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

The VOB files ARE the video files.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Phung View Post
Never mind. I got it all squared away.
In case someone has a similar problem in the future and finds this thread, please share with us how you solved it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Major Player

oops, yes Mike. I would share of course. :)

My computer is set on default to play video using the Window Media Player and I also have Window Movie maker and WinDVD, all of of these programs will play and see the .vob thumdnails. For some reasons, my computer did not select any of the programs above when I clicked on the thumdnail. So I right clicked the .vob file and select window media player to play on default and it was all good. Thanks to everyone trying to help.
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Bruce, that makes perfect sense.
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...