BluRay Workflow... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

BluRay Workflow...

Hello,

I'm getting ready to burn my first BluRay DVD. Just curious as to the best workflow (from timeline to DVD) to accomplish this.

I know many of you have been burning BluRay disks for sometime, please let me know preferred bitrate, settings, or other caveats and suggestions for achieving the best quality/performance.

I'm also looking for some relatively cheap but reliable Bluray disks to use as demos.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!

Jerry
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

For media, check with the local pro media supply store near you, they usually have great prices. Can't help you with specifics on burning Bluray, I haven't done it.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; October 13th, 2010 at 06:42 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Buy a BD-RW disc so that you can erase and burn again until you are happy with your output . Then you can burn to a BD-R disc. Process from Vegas is easy. If program is less than 2 hours then just use MPEG encode and preset for Bluray. Video and AC3 audio if program is long or LPCM if you have enough room on the disc. Import files into DVD Architect and author and burn. If your program is longer than 2 hours I have been happy with reducing average bit rate to 22, max 30 and min 15 by modifying preset.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

This is new for me too! My clients start asking for better quality videos, and looks like the only one option is Blue-Ray.
Thanks for the post.

YouMyWorld Wedding Video

Last edited by Edgar Vasiluk; November 12th, 2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added more content
Edgar Vasiluk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...