Vegas Pro 10 problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas Pro 10 problem

I am testing Vegas Pro 10. I tried to open some footage I've been editing in Vegas Pro 9. I captued the video from my XH-A1 use Cineform NeoScene, and in Vegas Pro 9 I can open it, drop it on the timeline, and edit with no problems.

In Vegas Pro 10, when I try to open it I get the following error message: "\Cinefom capture\CFHDCap.0001-001.avi could not be opened".

Anyone know what I can do?
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Trustee

I'd try reinstalling Cineform.
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Major Player

I have NeoScene 1.5. Do you know if it is compatible with Vegas Pro 10?
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Inner Circle

When the CTO of Cineform says that you need to upgrade to 5.2 (as he did in the http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...-pro-10-a.html thread), I'd take that as a suggestion that 1.5 will NOT work with Pro 10.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Major Player

I think you are right.
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Perhaps a "Common Vegas 10 Problems" sticky might be in order, for a little while at least?
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Stephen, I'm pretty sure you posted this on the Sony Vegas forum as well so folks here might benefit from the reply you got there.

Yes, you need NeoScene 5.2 as Vegas 10 is using the latest CineForm SDK components, that didn't come with v1.5. You can run it in trial for from 15-day from this link http://cineform.com/downloads/NeoSce...277-101008.zip Neo HD/4K/3D v5.1 are also compatible.

Note: we where surprise Vegas 10 didn't continue to use the older VFW interface if the SDK wasn't installed, but you will be better off using the SDK.

David Newman
CTO, CineForm

BTW, under "Known Issues" in the Pro 10 readme is the following:

Rendering CineForm Neo3D files requires CineForm NeoHD, Neo4K, or Neo3D 5.1 or newer. The CineForm Neo Player is not compatible with other CineForm products. Do not install Neo Player if you have another CineForm product installed.
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Longman View Post
Perhaps a "Common Vegas 10 Problems" sticky might be in order, for a little while at least?
I'm pretty sure Edward would say to add them to the I'm having a problem in Vegas, what should I try? sticky at the top of this forum.
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida View Post
I'm pretty sure Edward would say to add them to the I'm having a problem in Vegas, what should I try? sticky at the top of this forum.
Well, that's why I thought 'for a little while'. With Pro v10 being so new, having something clearly devoted to it would at least have a chance at attracting interest, where-as if someone has been using it for a while and suddenly has a v10 issue, it might not seem like a run-of-the-mill "Vegas Problem".

Either way, just a thought.
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Craig, I still think adding them to the existing sticky is a good idea.

Pro 10 will most assuredly have issues specific to it (such as the Cineform issue being discussed here) but other issues (e.g. why are my .mov files suddenly black in the timeline) pop up over and over again,especially if they're using an older version.

Edward can delete them if he feels that they've outlived their usefulness but, then again, you might be surprised.
I'm amazed at the number of posts related to issues with Pro 8 or earlier versions.
Remember the "Show Video Monitor" button issue in the Trimmer window in Pro 8?
I still answer that question once a month or so.
Not everyone is an early adopter like us :-)
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Sponsor: JET DV

Certainly feel free to add it to the sticky at the top. I don't think it needs a new category. the existing one should be fine.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...