DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   No DSLR Compatibility with Vegas 10? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/486405-no-dslr-compatibility-vegas-10-a.html)

Kristian Roque October 20th, 2010 09:34 PM

No DSLR Compatibility with Vegas 10?

So did I misread something or does Vegas 10 still not support HDSLR editing straight to the timeline? Man, this was something I was really hoping for in this version, kind of a bummer really.

Sean Seah October 20th, 2010 10:00 PM

Works well for me. Do u have a problem? A few of us here can scrub native mov freely.

Chris Barcellos October 21st, 2010 12:35 AM

I am able to get a pretty clean preview with filters even applied. I think there is an improvement.

Robert St-Onge October 21st, 2010 07:58 PM

Vegas 10 is pretty amazing with Canon DSLR footage!

I even edited footage from my T2i right off the sdhc card with several fx and transitions and rendered it from the same sdhc card.

I am really impressed by this upgrade, wasn't expecting much from it before it's lauch and yet, I believe this is the best Vegas upgrade I have seen.

Rob

Keith Paisley October 22nd, 2010 08:48 AM

I edited some footage straight off my 5D Mk II yesterday. Vegas 10 handles it MUCH, MUCH better than it Vegas 9 did. Vegas 9 was basically useless with the 5D's native .mov files. With Vegas 9 I was forced to buy and use NeoScene (which I subsequently upgraded to NeoHD) just to even think about editing my 5D Mk II footage. Now it's still probably optimal to use NeoHD for heavy duty stuff but if you are time crunched and just need to cut some footage together, it's entirely possible to do it directly from the original footage. Knowing what I know now, I would have just skipped 9 and waited on 10.

Chris Barcellos October 22nd, 2010 10:57 AM

I have the same experience as Keith's. I use Cineform because I think it take color correction better, but for quick edits or rushes.... Vegas 10 is far superior to 9.

Kristian Roque October 22nd, 2010 04:44 PM

I do not have Vegas 10 yet, but was reading that it does does not natively support DLSR footage, like Premiere does. But if everyone here is using it without any hiccups, man I would love to get my hands on a Vegas 10 :-) Thanks you guys!!!

Mike Kujbida October 22nd, 2010 05:34 PM

Kristian, download the trial and see for yourself.
I guarantee you'll love it :-)

Sean Seah October 24th, 2010 07:26 AM

Field Report:
I have upgraded to V10 and attempted a same day edit (wedding) in 5hrs.

Alienware laptop i5- works ok but scrubbing is a little slow. Some slight hiccups as compared to a cineform render file. The process to transcode might not be much longer than copying the files from the CF card (via USB2.0 car reader)

Dell XPS works very well for the same file. The feel is pretty real time like cineform files.

Lam Tran October 25th, 2010 12:58 PM

Just got my hand on V10 pro and played around a bit. Droping 40+ clips at once and no crash. playback and scrolling through was very smooth. Render out some small clip for test and seems good.

I wonder how the coloring will do w/ the native .MOV bc I relied heavily on neoscene for many projects I did past year.