Vegas Pro 10 Hiccups at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 10 Hiccups

Greetings,

Well I have been using version 10 pretty successfully so far. I have noticed a couple things that seem pretty different. When I scrub a video clip in the time line, the image does not move in the preview window as I move the cursor like it had in version 9. Kind of annoying for I cannot see where I am at in a clip when I am scrubbing on the timeline, for I have never used the trimmer before. Always seem to cumbersome for I could just scrub in the timeline before.

Image stabilization crashes my program everytime so far. I been using 1280 by 720 footage from a P2 card and a HVX200. I use Raylight Ultra 1.2.3 latest version. I was just testing it out to see if it worked anything like the smoothcam in final cut pro 6. I also noticed that everytime I close version 10 64 bit, I get a window that pops up and says the program ended unexpectantly after I just shut it down. Thought that is kinda strange.

Anyways, Have a nice day!

Namaste!
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

I assume you mean the picons that show in the events on the timeline - now there is one at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end instead of a bunch of them all the way through. If that is what you mean, go to: Options - Preferences - Video tab. Then change the "Thumbnails to show in video events" to be "All" instead of "Head, Center, Tail".
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Preview

Actually Ed I was speaking of the preview window, on older versions, as I would scrub through a clip on the timeline, it would show realtime in my preview window I thought. Thank you for all your kind information through these forums. I hope you enjoy it.

Also do you know if there is known issue on the image stabilization feature?

All my software does when I use this is crash.
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

They've definitely made changes to the trimmer window. It's different than it was in older versions.

I really don't know anything about the built-in stabilizer.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...