Multi Cam Edit, No Pan and Zoom Option? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multi Cam Edit, No Pan and Zoom Option?

Hi everyone,

I've just used Vegas' multicam option for the first time and found it to be extremely quick, and much more efficient then my old method of inserting envelopes to each video track and raising and lowering the envelopes to fade between tracks.

But now I don't have the option to add and panning and zooming to any of the tracks after they're all made into one video stream. Is there something I need to click to be able to have that option? Two of my video tracks are still cameras and I like to add movement to them with Pan and Zoom.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Actually, i just realized that even in non multi cam mode, I have no option of adding pan and zoom to a video event except bu use of the drop down menu (Tools - Video - Video Event Pan and Crop...). That is, the video event on my timeline doesn't have that little square box you click on to open the pan and zoom tool box. I'm sure it's jsut a setting or something, or something I have to click, but I don't see anything anywhere.

Last edited by Mike Hammond; November 26th, 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Adding more info
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #2
Trustee

Mike, just a thought:
Have you triesd expanding height of the track?
Sometimes the track can actually hide some of the control boxes if the height is set wrongly...
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You can also use your up and down arrow keys to increase the zoom on the track so the icons on the clip will appear.

You can also choose to right click on any clip; the pan and crop option will appear on the pop up menu.
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

And it's also possible the display of those icons were turned off. To make sure they're visible, go to View - Event Buttons (CTRL+SHIFT+C)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies and advice guys.

Ed, again you nailed it right on the head. Thank you so much. I knew there had to be a button somewhere to turn them all on, but looked and looked for about 20 minutes and couldn't find it.

Now I've turned the event switch on and I have all I need.
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...