Dual Eyes vs. Plural Eyes + Excalibur at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 6th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Dual Eyes vs. Plural Eyes + Excalibur

Since I edit on Vegas, this seems to the most relevant sub-forum, though it could go elsewhere.

I've migrated to dual audio, I have just 1 camera, and I'm looking at Singular Software's Dual Eyes and Plural Eyes to sync my high quality audio with the video/scratch audio. Both products are the same price, the former for syncing dual audio only, the latter "big brother" for syncing multi-cam and audio.

Would it not make sense to get Plural Eyes and use a scripting engine -- I have Excalibur -- to automatically generate video clips on a timeline with their respective replaced audio from my separate audio system? It seems that this is what Dual Eyes does. In this way, I would have the option for multi-cam syncs, should that become a part of my workflow.

TIA,
Steve
Steven Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #2
New Boot

There is a free third-party plug-in called DAWF that does this. After you have synced with PluralEyes, you run DAWF. It trims the synced audio to fit the video clips and links it to the video.

Dawf: Dual Audio Workflow

Bruce
Singular Software Inc.
Bruce Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sharpe View Post
There is a free third-party plug-in called DAWF that does this. After you have synced with PluralEyes, you run DAWF. It trims the synced audio to fit the video clips and links it to the video.

Dawf: Dual Audio Workflow

Bruce
Singular Software Inc.
That was a fast response, Bruce. Thanks! DAWF looks like the ticket.

My only concern is that the synced A/V via this method would exist only on a timeline, not as saved discrete video files with their accompanying audio, like Dual Eyes generates (and I'm not going to copy and paste events from one instance of Vegas to my master project). However, I think I can use Excalibur (since I already have it) to automatically render each synced clip, perhaps with additional processing as this stage (e.g., noise reduction) so as to generate a folder containing respective synced video with its audio, ready to import into my master project.

Now I'm just rambling. What I needed was something like DAWF. Thanks again.

Steve
Steven Reid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...