DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Capture Issues Resolved with Vegas Pro 10? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/488753-capture-issues-resolved-vegas-pro-10-a.html)

Kevin Janisch December 10th, 2010 03:01 PM

Capture Issues Resolved with Vegas Pro 10?

Well, I was using my trusty old HDVsplit which works like a charm if you want scene detection but I have had serious problems capturing without scene split enabled or if certain scenes are long with it on. I would get serious dropouts that sometimes would lose minutes of video. A recapture with Vegas 8.0c solved the problems.

Now Vegas 8.0c gives me multiple m2t files even though scene split is turned off. Can anybody tell me if these capture issues have been resolved with Vegas Pro 10? Including the scene split 3 frame overage. Many thanks.

Ian Stark December 10th, 2010 06:47 PM

Similar problem here but using Vegas 9 and the included capture app. I may be wrong but I think the capture app is the same version as was in 8. Anyone confirm that?

I have also noticed that the audio is out of sync when capturing m2t with Vegas. It doesn't show it as out of sync when I put it on the timeline (i.e. pink) but when I manually correct it, the track then goes pink. Very off-putting! I have just captured ten tapes of m2t with continuous clips between 30 and 50 minutes long. This occurred on all of them, whereas the SD clips taken from a secondary camera (an XL2) were perfectly in sync.

The 'broken' clips capture problem Kevin describes only occured on 7 out of the 10 tapes and on two occasions recapturing resulted in a single file. Note that there was no dropout report, just the broken clip with around 1.5 seconds of missing data. I tried HDV Split but ran into the same problems with scene detection off.

Do I mistrust the capture app? m2t? HDV Split? Or is this a system issue (insufficient RAM, CPU etc). I am running latest Vegas 9/64 under Win 7/64 on a quadcore with 4gb RAM. I have installed and played with V10 but I'm in mid-project and I don't want to tempt fate!

Kevin Janisch December 12th, 2010 02:07 PM

Thanks Ian for the reply. There simply has to be a better way. Scenalyzer just worked perfectly for SD. I wonder if there's an HD version.

Ian Stark December 12th, 2010 03:30 PM

My hopes aren't high:

The system requirements (from their (C)2001 website) suggests Windows 98se, ME or 2000 and Directx8.

I suspect Scenalyzer is not enjoying much in the way of maintenance :(

I'm surprised that it seems to be only you and me in this conversation! Does that mean everyone else has m2t capture working fine?

Dale Guthormsen December 12th, 2010 04:20 PM

Good afternoon,

I did notice audio out of sinc in Vegas. I always used scenalyzer in the past as it also did four tracks of audio!!! I would like an hd version too.

I went to neoscene for capture. I will also use edius though I prefer fine editing in Vegas!!

Ian Stark December 12th, 2010 05:13 PM

Dale, when you were experiencing out of sync issues was that with m2t files?