Capture Issues Resolved with Vegas Pro 10? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Capture Issues Resolved with Vegas Pro 10?

Well, I was using my trusty old HDVsplit which works like a charm if you want scene detection but I have had serious problems capturing without scene split enabled or if certain scenes are long with it on. I would get serious dropouts that sometimes would lose minutes of video. A recapture with Vegas 8.0c solved the problems.

Now Vegas 8.0c gives me multiple m2t files even though scene split is turned off. Can anybody tell me if these capture issues have been resolved with Vegas Pro 10? Including the scene split 3 frame overage. Many thanks.
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Similar problem here but using Vegas 9 and the included capture app. I may be wrong but I think the capture app is the same version as was in 8. Anyone confirm that?

I have also noticed that the audio is out of sync when capturing m2t with Vegas. It doesn't show it as out of sync when I put it on the timeline (i.e. pink) but when I manually correct it, the track then goes pink. Very off-putting! I have just captured ten tapes of m2t with continuous clips between 30 and 50 minutes long. This occurred on all of them, whereas the SD clips taken from a secondary camera (an XL2) were perfectly in sync.

The 'broken' clips capture problem Kevin describes only occured on 7 out of the 10 tapes and on two occasions recapturing resulted in a single file. Note that there was no dropout report, just the broken clip with around 1.5 seconds of missing data. I tried HDV Split but ran into the same problems with scene detection off.

Do I mistrust the capture app? m2t? HDV Split? Or is this a system issue (insufficient RAM, CPU etc). I am running latest Vegas 9/64 under Win 7/64 on a quadcore with 4gb RAM. I have installed and played with V10 but I'm in mid-project and I don't want to tempt fate!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Ian for the reply. There simply has to be a better way. Scenalyzer just worked perfectly for SD. I wonder if there's an HD version.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Inner Circle

My hopes aren't high:

The system requirements (from their (C)2001 website) suggests Windows 98se, ME or 2000 and Directx8.

I suspect Scenalyzer is not enjoying much in the way of maintenance :(

I'm surprised that it seems to be only you and me in this conversation! Does that mean everyone else has m2t capture working fine?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

I did notice audio out of sinc in Vegas. I always used scenalyzer in the past as it also did four tracks of audio!!! I would like an hd version too.

I went to neoscene for capture. I will also use edius though I prefer fine editing in Vegas!!
Old December 12th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Dale, when you were experiencing out of sync issues was that with m2t files?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...