Iso image back to mt2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Iso image back to mt2?

Good afternoon,

Well disaster strikes in weird ways. I have a huge project that I backed up oof the 2tb drive to another drive. The back up took 13 hours. Well, the original drive will not boot up now and the back up for some reason was corupted too!!
So I have lost over 100 hours of work, Unless???

I had a near finished version burnt onto a blu ray disc. all that needed doing was turning down the background music ever so slightly.

Is there a way i can cut the iso off the disc (do so with roxio), but then bring it back into Vegas??

I suspect I am pooched.

thanks,
dale
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Not via an ISO file but I would suspect you could capture the playable disc and use that.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm assuming there's no copy protection. If so, just copy the M2TS files from the STREAM folder. I've used Emicsoft M2TS Converter to convert the files. I haven't found a better way.
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
Good afternoon,

Well disaster strikes in weird ways. I have a huge project that I backed up oof the 2tb drive to another drive. The back up took 13 hours. Well, the original drive will not boot up now and the back up for some reason was corupted too!!
I have lost drives in the middle of projects and usually found a way to recover (most) of the files. Have you attempted to mount the original 2TB drive in a working system and run recovery utilities against it? You will need a 2nd clean drive of comparable size although just selecting the video material may save space on the recovered disk. My favorite to date is ONTRACK although the EASEUS tools have worked too.

Good luck!
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dale, below is a link to software ($129) that work very well. I've have it and it is amazing. Hope that helps.

You might first try running disc check through windows...that can also be surprisingly effective in some cases. I would probably try running disc check first...it's free.

https://services.seagate.com/diysoftware.aspx
Old December 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Good Morning,

Thank you all for the information.

Appears the drive has a mechanical problem. pretty expensive to have it fixed.

I did bring up the mt2s file and that is a huge help!!!!

I can't doctor the slightly loud background music independantly but I can tone it down a bit and carry on with it!!

you guys are the best!

Thank you ever so much

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...