MORE PROBLEMS WITH VMS10 hd PLATINUM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Major Player

MORE PROBLEMS WITH VMS10 hd PLATINUM

After curing my problem with scrolling titles I now find I can't burn either a DVD or a blu-ray disc using DVDA5. The trouble has only just started. I use the VMS10 wizard to make movie and everything works well until I click onto the send to DVDA panel. and after many tries using different projects, the project title in DVDA never alters, it's stuck on an old project that I haven't even tried to burn. I am wondering if DVDA5 has beome corrupt and needs re-installing. Any ideas?
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Try closing DVDA. Then, in windows, find the old project, right click on it and delete it or rename it. For good measure move it to another drive. If DVDA cannot find the "problem" project, it cannot use the old project's settings.

You should be fine then.

In the future, when you are creating a new project in DVDA always start with a new instance of DVDA. Don't start with an old project and then just change the text.
Old December 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the info Jeff and I have managed to get operations back to normal see another thread for detailsof my three days of frustration making a 5 min. video.
Old December 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Which thread? What was the solution for the problem you posted here?
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Jeff. The solution to the problem posted in this thread was found by following your instructions, for which I thank you again. The new problem arose after the problem in this thread was solved. I was going to put the matter on a new thread but as I have solved the new problem (which was a case of DVDA 5 not burning a disc) there seemed little point in making a post to a new thread. I am beginning to think that VMS 10 platinum gets blamed for some malfunctions that are really caused by other equipment.
Old December 19th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Great Roy...didn't understand if my suggestions helped or not...glad it did. Same thing happened to me.

And you are right, Vegas gets blamed a lot for things that are not it's fault. Sometimes it is hard to tell what is and what isn't.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...