Vegas10b Black Screen Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Trustee

Vegas10b Black Screen Issue

After installing 10b i still have the issue and i found this video on Youtube. It seems to be pretty close to what the problem is. I hope Sony boys are working on it! I get a rendered file with pockets of black screen and its really frustrating!

YouTube - Sony Vegas Black and Green Preview Window Crashes with Canon Mov Files
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have a similar issue, if not the same. Events on the timeline become black and show up black in the preview window as well. These events displayed fine just moments earlier, then just become black. I'm running 10c. I hadn't had this problem with 10b.
Christopher Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The gentleman in the video refers to how much memory the FileIOSurrogate is taking up. If you have the interest in trying it, I wonder if doing the LMA trick (described in various threads here) would help. As I said, it is my understanding that proc is required because Sony don't have a 64bit codec for the Canon files, so it needs a 32bit "helper" app. If you bump it's memory capabilities, it might help.

Course, this is assuming you're on the 64bit version. Well, I guess even if you're on the 32bit, up'ing both Vegas and the FileIOSurrogate may help still. Be aware though, if your OS is only 32bit, you have the added step of adjusting your windows boot.ini file. Again, info in the threads.

Hope this helps,
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Craig, thanks for the advice. Although the YouTube video highlights memory useage of FileIOSurrogate, I have the same results within Vegas as shown in the video.

Previously, I should have mentioned I'm running 32bit XP and 32bit Vegas. boot.ini change didn't help. I also tried different amounts for the RAM preview. Not sure where to go from here.
Christopher Neville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...