Couple of miscellaneous questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Major Player

Couple of miscellaneous questions

Hi all,

So here it is:

-Did any of you manage to drop an FLV file on the timeline? Vegas doesn't seem to be able to open them but is that by design or am I simply missing a codec...

-Is there a way to have the waveform and the RGB parade side by side. I use these scopes 99% of the time and having them both on would be a huge time saver. I know the scopes viewing options doesn't offer that particular configuration but one of you tinkered with an ini file or such and was able to add more options to the scopes layouts.

-Odd behavior that has given me grief for a long time is that CTRL+Z seems to reset the project media window to "all media" instead of staying in the folder presently selected.

Running 10.0a 32bit now but these questions are long overdue and have been bugging me since version 6.

Thanks for the input.

Phil
Phil Gosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Gosselin View Post
-Is there a way to have the waveform and the RGB parade side by side.
If you choose All, they will be there.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

1) u can render to flv/m2v/ac3 but not edit them...there are softwares that convert these to something you can edit with.

2) was going to say use ALL... but then i read "one of you tinkered with an ini file or such and was able to add more options to the scopes layouts." ??? ...link please!

3) don't know.
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Trustee

a. afaik you could only bring in a very 'old' basic flv in vegas up to version 7 (?) but why would you want to use flv on your timeline? it's a distribution format, NOT an editing one. simply transcode it to something vegas can use - you could try using 'super', it's free and works quite well on other formats...

b. as above answer

c. you can easily program your keyboard shortcuts to whatever suits your needs - options > customise keynoard.
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

was just reading that Handbrake will convert FLV media to an MP4 format that Vegas can edit.
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Major Player

Glad to hear Handbrake will convert FLV files. I've been using VideoLAN (free), but I'll try Handbrake also.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...