Frameserver in V10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 11th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Frameserver in V10

I didn't see this posted elsewhere in this forum, so...

Has anyone been successful in getting Satish's Frameserver to work with Vegas 10 - either 32 or 64 bit version?

It looks like Satish has released Frameserver to open source and may no longer be updating it.

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

We use it on XP 32 bit, V10.0c. No problems
Dugi Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

It looks as thoiugh this might be a 32 bit v 64 bit issue.

A number of plug ins that could be used in Vegas 8c (e.g. some if not all of the free ones written by Mike Crash) were geared only to 32-bit and these cannot be used in Vegas 64 bit unless re-written. But you can install both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version of Vegas on to the same machine and it should be possible to transfer events between one and the other for editing and inclusion in a project.

Richard
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have it working fine in Vegas Pro 10.0. See my third post on this thread.

Also check out the links lower in that thread re 64-bit. I seem to recall someone got it working, but it might be dependent on which 64-bit OS you're using. Have a look at the frameserver Google group.
Nick Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Major Player

Nick,

I'm working with the 32 bit version of Vegas and still having no luck following your approach. Not sure where the disconnect is.

Has anyone else been able to make this work?

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Major Player

A solution?

A programmer named Victor T is accepting donations for his efforts toward the 2.8 upgrade of Satish's plugin. Satish aware of this and contributing to the online discussions.

Presently, it appears the 32bit version is now working for Vegas 10 with the intent that the 64bit version will follow shortly. I just installed the 32 bit version and unlike the prior version of frameserver, Vegas 10 definitely recognizes this however I have not yet rendered out to confirm.

The frameserver discussion forum on Google has more info, and another programmer is working on the Premiere version. Victor T's donation site may be found at
Sony Vegas10 DMFS Plugin

Let me know what your experience is.

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...