DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Text effect, is it possible in vegas? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/490019-text-effect-possible-vegas.html)

Marcus Martell January 11th, 2011 09:46 AM

Text effect, is it possible in vegas?

Hola,
check this out
Is there any chance this could be done in Vegas? I mean the changing letters on the title? Is there any script? ED????????
thx

Jeff Harper January 11th, 2011 11:33 AM

New blue should have something, It won't be a text effect per se...you'll actually have to be creative and think of which effect to use and modify it.

If you use the effect, please don't use it for as long as they did. It was irritating after a while.

Leslie Wand January 11th, 2011 04:11 PM

pretty sure prodad hyrogylph will do this - they have a 'airport notice board' type effect.

Russ Ivey January 11th, 2011 04:24 PM

I'm thinking you can do that in Vegas, but it would be tedious. You'd just change the letters in the timeline over a certain span of time and then set it to fast. Am I wrong?

Jeff Harper January 11th, 2011 04:28 PM

No you're right it would be tedious beyond words. There is another titling program...Bluff Titler...don't know, but it might have something Marcus.

Edward Troxel January 11th, 2011 07:07 PM

Of course, the short answer is - yes it's POSSIBLE. But, the question then becomes HOW.

It looks like it's doing a LOT - the letters are actually changing as they grow which would take a LOT of keyframes. I don't know of any "easy" ways to achieve the results - no matter what you use.

Gerald Webb January 11th, 2011 07:08 PM

Not that it helps, but that exact effect is identical to a Preset in 'Livetype' ,
the text plug in for the old Final cut studio.
Was pretty good, type your text, hit random letters/numbers, then set how long until your text appears with key frame.
To easy.
:)

Chris Harding January 11th, 2011 09:28 PM

If you really have to have that sort of titling then you can also do it in any flash based software..I used to create an SWF file way back in Vegas 5 and then just import the file into the timeline.

ProDad would probably easier and quicker and also can do multi-layers...it does run as a Vegas plugin too.

Personally for me it's way too boring having such a long intro and also slightly annoying!!! Rather get the titles over fast and get down to the car!! You could always drop in a lower 3rd during the clip as extra info rather than give it all at the start (which no-one will remember anyway!!)

Chris

Allan Black January 11th, 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1606564)
No you're right it would be tedious beyond words. There is another titling program...Bluff Titler...don't know, but it might have something Marcus.

You can do anything in Bluff Titler, it's great and playing the demo suggests ideas.

Cheers.

Gerald Webb January 12th, 2011 08:05 PM

For anyone that does want to do it in Vegas, the veg is attached.
It's not that hard to do, maybe do it once, takes about half hour, then keep a 3, 4, 5 ,6 etc letter version on file for future use, its generic in that its only your last keyframe that determines what your subject matter is.
And you could change fonts with a group select.
This one is much longer than you would typically use, as people have pointed out, and I agree, it would get annoying if used for more than one or 2 words.
cheers people
:)

The veg is 250kb, limit is 58, if anyone wants it just email me and i'll send it.

Graham Bernard January 14th, 2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1607020)
The veg is 250kb, limit is 58, if anyone wants it just email me and i'll send it.

But a ZIP is 2.9mb . Just zip it up and post that.

Grazie

Graham Bernard January 14th, 2011 02:52 AM

And Gerald I should have said - GOOD WORK!!

Actually, dear hearts, this SHOULD be what PTT (ProTypeTitler) should be doing!? Init?!??

Grazie

Gerald Webb January 14th, 2011 03:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Graham,
LOL, I cant believe I have never zipped anything before.
Here's the original one, and one I think is a bit better

Sam Houchins II January 15th, 2011 05:34 AM

I'm in awe.
You're awesome!
Thanks!

Russ Ivey January 15th, 2011 08:28 AM

Yeah Gerald, that was POIFECT. That's my new pronunciation for that word, "poifect". Great job bud.