Chapter names in DVDA? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Chapter names in DVDA?

I've created a 13 minute "virtual tour" video for a corporate client with 12 "chapters" that each have a name corresponding to the specific location within the building. I placed markers with these names in Vegas Pro 9.0e and rendered the file for DVDA with the markers.

When I open the file in DVDA I see the markers in the timeline, but I'm losing the chapter names. The burned DVD menu shows the markers only as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3 etc. How do I preserve (or restore) the unique chapter names from the project? Thanks - any help is appreciated!

Sam
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

When you install the markers in Vegas simply name them. They should come over to DVDA with no problem. However since they are already there now, you can go into DVDA, click on the markers on the timeline and "Rename" them. When you author the DVD menu, simply click on the chapter name get the box around it, hit F2 that will highlight the text, move the cursor to the NUMBER and erase the number OR you can go to the number on the menu, again hit F2, delete the number and type in what you want.

The explaination takes longer than the work. ;-)
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Inner Circle

You can also right click on the marker, I believe, and just select rename and type in the new name.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Jeff, the markers (with their names) are showing up in the DVDA timeline - that part is working. But when I burn the DVD and open it in Windows Media Player or a DVD player, the chapters have no names - just "chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3" etc. That's the part that has me stumped.

Sam
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Sorry Sam, didn't read your post thoroughly.

OK, I have a suggestion, but it may not help, it is a method that helps with other marker issues, but probably not yours.

Move the video, dvda file everything, connected to the project to another drive then see what happens.

If it is not too much work, before you do that, recreate the DVDA project from scratch.

Some marker issues will occur when you take a previous DVDA project and create a new one by simply changing out the video, rather than creating a new project from scratch. I did just that for a long time with no problems, but I can't do it any more, as I now have marker issues as a result.

So now I have to create each DVDA project from scratch, and everything is fine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...