DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can I send someone one of my custom templates? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/490430-can-i-send-someone-one-my-custom-templates.html)

Adi Head January 20th, 2011 12:30 PM

Can I send someone one of my custom templates?

I assume that Vegas saves render custom templates as files somewhere.
I was wondering if it is possible to create a render custom template and then locate the file which consists of that template and send the file to someone (by email for example) for him/her to use on their computers. If it is possible, I'm guessing the recipient would then have to import my custom template into his/her Vegas application or drop the file in a folder somewhere so that "my template" then appears in the list of render templates available. Can this be done (Using Vegas Pro 9e)?

Thanks

Edward Troxel January 20th, 2011 02:54 PM

I think it's actually a combination of files on the hard drive and settings in the registry. The simplest way may be to just take snapshots of the screen showing the settings you're using.

Adi Head January 20th, 2011 03:38 PM

ok. yeah that's (screenshots) what i've been doing so far. thanks

Jerry Amende January 20th, 2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adi Head (Post 1609546)
I assume that Vegas saves render custom templates as files somewhere.
I was wondering if it is possible to create a render custom template and then locate the file which consists of that template and send the file to someone (by email for example) for him/her to use on their computers. If it is possible, I'm guessing the recipient would then have to import my custom template into his/her Vegas application or drop the file in a folder somewhere so that "my template" then appears in the list of render templates available. Can this be done (Using Vegas Pro 9e)?

Thanks

Looks like they're located here: %username%\AppData\Roaming\Sony\Render Templates

Can they be shared? I dunno.

...Jerry

Lee Mullen January 22nd, 2011 12:20 AM

Screenshots need to be saved as an image file, usually in MS Publisher and then upload the pic on here.

Leslie Wand January 22nd, 2011 12:26 AM

m$ publisher!?

if you're on win 7 > snipping tool.....

Lee Mullen January 22nd, 2011 09:53 AM

Mine was free.

Mike Kujbida January 22nd, 2011 10:59 AM

Yes this can be done.
I've created custom render templates on my work computer, brought them home and installed them.
I've done the same thing in going from home to work.

Using XP Pro, here's where they are on my computer.
Pro 9 and earlier:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Sony\File Templates
Pro 10:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Sony\Render Templates

If you use Vista or Win 7, do a search on the file type for the location.

Note that Pro 9 uses an *.sft extension while Pro 10 uses *.sft2 and the two are not compatible :(