DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Anyone tried Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/490473-anyone-tried-twixtor-vegas-pro-10-a.html)

Jay Bratcher January 21st, 2011 08:17 AM

Anyone tried Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10?

Hi all -

I saw yet another amazing slow motion video, created with Twixtor, and wondered if they would ever make a plug-in for Vegas... And then noticed that the plug-in for Nuke and Maya 3D is an OFX plug-in.

I thought, what the heck, let's give it a try. I downloaded it, and did just enough research on OFX plug-ins to be dangerous. I ended up copying all the installed folders into the Vegas Pro OFX directory, restarted Vegas, and...

Lo and behold, I have Twixtor plug-ins!

Unfortunately, that is about as far as I have gotten. I can pull up the menus to change settings, but I don't think they will work because I suspect this is a 32 bit plug-in, and I haven't installed the 32 bit version of Vegas yet. Also, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to Twixtor, so I didn't really know how to test it properly, or even just see if it was "doing the right thing".

So has anyone else had any success trying this? Any thoughts on how to test it myself, if I can get 32 bit Vegas installed today?

Jean-Philippe Archibald January 21st, 2011 10:16 AM

I was curious so I tried it. Installed the OFX version of twixtor in vegas 10 32 bits. I took a clip I had in 60p, retimed it to 24p in vegas and slowed it to 20% with twixtor. The first 10 sec is the twixtor clip, the last 10 seconds is the original 60p clip retimed to 24p.

Worked like a charm! I have been amazed a lot in the past by videos slowed down in twixtor. Now I will be able to do it in my NLE of choice. Great!

EDIT: I don't have the 64 bits installed at the moment, but according to REVISION FX, the pluging should work in 32 and 64 bits. Just change the speed parater to a percentage other than 100%, render and see if it works!

Jay Bratcher January 21st, 2011 02:06 PM

Nice - thanks for confirming this! I'll play around with it some more this weekend :D

UPDATE: I just did a test in 64 bit Vegas - works like a charm! Now I just need to justify the license purchase :D

Jean-Philippe Archibald February 4th, 2011 02:25 PM

Yes... pretty expensive!

D.J. Ammons February 4th, 2011 11:45 PM

I was getting pretty excited until I went to their website and saw the price.

Jay Bratcher February 5th, 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons (Post 1614824)
I was getting pretty excited until I went to their website and saw the price.

Heh - good point... The upside though, is that there are likely other OFX plugins that will work with Vegas, which we have not even considered. Even though I am not rushing out to buy Twixtor, I am still pretty excited that it worked in the first place :)

Magnus Helander February 6th, 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Bratcher (Post 1609970)

UPDATE: I just did a test in 64 bit Vegas - works like a charm!

Thank you for the research - I'm buying!
/m