Vegas 10 Scripting Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 10 Scripting Questions

Hello all

I've just installed the demo of Vegas 10 - WOW - I can acutally edit stuff in stereoscopic 3D and do all the neat stuff I couldn't in Premiere.

I have a question about what might be possible via Scripting, however. I've not really looked at it at all yet, I just wanted to see if anyone here could tell me whether this kind of thing is at all possible.

Basically I want to set up my project at 1024x576 and do my edit on Cineform AVI files that are 1024x576. There's a rigid naming convention so they're all called XXXX_test_v001.avi - what I then want to do is change the project resolution to 2048x1152 and have a script that will go through all the media can replace each clip with one called XXXX_final_v001.avi which are 2048x1152.

Is that kind of thing possible via scripting?

I would have posted this in the official Sony forum but you have to actually own the software before you can post. I am still just running the demo and if you CAN'T do this I may not purchase, as it's pretty vital for me.

Massive thanks!

/ben
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, that kind of thing is certainly possible via scripting. A script can both change your project settings AND replace media with other media.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...