DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 10.Exporting for a website (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/490672-vegas-10-exporting-website.html)

Marcus Martell January 25th, 2011 10:19 AM

Vegas 10.Exporting for a website

Hola,
which are the best settings to exportand convert an Hd file on a format that could be viewed on a site?
thx

Don Bloom January 25th, 2011 12:27 PM

Depends on what format you're site will handle. Personally I convert to FLV but I used to use DV-AVI. Just depends. Does your web host have a preference?

Marcus Martell January 25th, 2011 12:43 PM

Hi Don, no preferences...
so you suggest to transcode in dv avi then....Which settings on Vegas?
thx

Don Bloom January 25th, 2011 01:29 PM

Hi Marcus,
Should you do DV-AVI? Well you can but again I prefer FLV. Smaller file loads quicker and that's what my site is setup for. However if you do use AVI, after editing, then simply goto FILE>Render As and use the pull down menu to render to AVI. Then upload to the host. Or you can do WMV. It's very cut and dry in Vegas.

Marcus Martell January 25th, 2011 01:37 PM

Don but HOw do you convert through FLV?

Don Bloom January 25th, 2011 02:22 PM

After editing I render to AVI then bring it into a program called FLIX (I'm using standard-there is a PRO version which has more bells and whistles). It's by on2 technology at Home | On2 Technologies. I thinks it's about $25 or $30 USD.
I use a standard template; 512K Broadband Video [VP6-E FLV]. it works great.

I think theres a trial version.

HTHs

Leslie Wand January 25th, 2011 04:51 PM

then there's mp4 - which is what i use.

Seth Bloombaum January 25th, 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1611222)
After editing I render to AVI then bring it into a program called FLIX (I'm using standard-there is a PRO version which has more bells and whistles). It's by on2 technology...

On2 was purchased by google for the VP8 technology for html5, they no longer sell stuff.

Flix is now available from wildform.com, price is slightly up at $50, but it is still the least expensive way to get the excellent VP6 codec.

Don Bloom January 25th, 2011 06:01 PM

Thanks for the info Seth. Shows you how long I've been out of the loop. ;-)

Danny Fye January 27th, 2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Wand (Post 1611284)
then there's mp4 - which is what i use.

I render to mp4 then use Super to wrap the files in FLV without re-encoding. I use StrobeMediaPlayer on my site to play them.

Works great so far.

Note: Mp4 without the flv wrapper will not play on many computers that people I know have. They do not have the correct codec. The flv wrap with the player works on all of them so far.

Living Hope Restoration Branch