Rendering HD - which format is best? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Rendering HD - which format is best?

I new to working with HD footage and I'm still learning!

I shot my band practice the other night with my new Sony NX5 in 1080/24p mode, and I'm struggling to know how I should render it out in the highest quality possible.

The final output will be played on a PS3 as a media file, not a blu-ray.

I have tried the Sony AVCHD format, but no matter what I try I can't get an audio stream rendered with it. I have double and triple checked that include audio stream is checked and still nothing. I also tried Sony XD format and no audio either.

I was able to render to WMV HD, but at 6.4 MBPS, I'm not sure it's the best I can get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Trustee

Try outputting to a BD compatible MPEG2 file. Pump the bitrate to 40Mbps and include the audio in the recording. I don't have a PS3 but you should it should be able to read that. You can find a starting template for a 24p BD - MPEG2 based file and adjust from there.

-Garrett

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...