What's the most common reason why Vegas can't render and shuts off? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Inner Circle

I assemble my own PCs. On the other hand assembling your own has it's drawbacks. If after assembly, it doesn't boot up, you have to figure out which part is bad, or if it's something you did wrong. That is a major headache. Then when you can't narrow it down, you have to test components, or return them for replacement until you hit on the solution.

In the case of a friend, his first two motherboards were bad. It took a couple of months to get him straightened out.

I personally strongly prefer to have control over each component, and have been fortunate with my builds. My current unit booted up first try and has worked perfectly, even overclocked.

On the other hand, you can purchase an HP workstations for only $899, and it is ready to go.

People will knock pre-built. So be it. The power supplies tend to be puny, but if you don't add much to the unit, it should be fine. But as you add additional drives, external hard drives, etc, your system will become less stable. So if you don't plan to expand much, you should be fine.

The support that comes with a workstation is very nice as well. Here's a sample:

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-580t series | HP Official Store

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...