DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Preview Window Zoomed In (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/491543-preview-window-zoomed.html)

D.J. Ammons February 10th, 2011 11:22 AM

Preview Window Zoomed In

We have been working on a project and all of a sudden the video in the preview is zoomed in significantly (cutting off tops of heads and sometime the entire head).

We know there must be some simple explanation but after searching online and playing around we cannot figure it out. Can anybody help troubleshoot this?

We have been working on this project for seveal days without this issue but this morning it suddenly appeared.

Mike Kujbida February 10th, 2011 11:51 AM

Right-click in the Preview window and make sure "Scale video to fit preview window" is selected.

Edward Troxel February 10th, 2011 12:22 PM

It could also be a difference between being in "Full" mode and being in "Auto" mode.

D.J. Ammons February 10th, 2011 02:39 PM

Mike, I checked and that box is checked.

Edward, what affect do "full" and "auto" have? I think most of the time we have that in "half" but at times have tried "auto". Not sure right now what we had it in when this issue ocurred.

Mike Kujbida February 10th, 2011 03:02 PM

D.J., if all your video is on one track, make sure that Track Motion didn't somehow get activated and cause the cropping.

Edward Troxel February 10th, 2011 03:03 PM

"Full" will show the video full sized and if the preview screen is smaller than full size some of the image will be cut off which seems to be what you're describing. "Auto" will size to the size of your preview screen whether it's full sized or smaller.

D.J. Ammons February 10th, 2011 03:04 PM

Mike,

How does one "activate track motion" and then if one inadverdently did activate it how would it be deactivated? I am not able to check right now but maybe this is the culprit.

D.J. Ammons February 10th, 2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1616790)
"Full" will show the video full sized and if the preview screen is smaller than full size some of the image will be cut off which seems to be what you're describing. "Auto" will size to the size of your preview screen whether it's full sized or smaller.

Ah! Good to know.

D.J. Ammons February 17th, 2011 09:53 AM

It turns out that in our first attempt playing with the stabilizer in Pro 10 we didn't ungroup when attempting to apply it to a clip and thought we had. Figured this out when I did a test by rendering the project to see if the "zoomed in" situation was preview only or on the project itself. When the render showed it was actually the project that led us to figure out what happened.

Your responses on this thread were not in vain though because I learned a lot about preview that I did not know before and I am sure that will come in handy.