Can't use FX!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Can't use FX!!!

I have been working on a wedding reel, and one of the clips I used the stabilizer on. Ever since then, when I open the file, it messes up the whole screen and will not allow any of the FX plug-ins to work. Anyone know whats going on? I am pasting a screen shot here. When the screen changes it also makes the fonts on all the options and drop down menus REALLY small. Can barely read them.'

Notice how the drop down menus at the top now appear twice with one of them a larger font than the other one (the normal one). Ironically when you use the larger drop down menu the fonts under it are tiny.

Can anybody help us figure this out?
Attached Thumbnails
Can't use FX!!!-capture-double-font.png  
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Wow! Almost an entire week and not one response. The good news is we figured a way to work around the goofy things that are happening to the drop down menus,etc.

I was really hoping that the screen shot of how the drop down menu now appears twice with one larger than the other might ring a bell with somebody if they have had the same issue.

I don't know if it has something to do with the project being edited on Pro 10 on my new computer from Pro 8 captured footage and vegas project files from my old computer. Those files were on an external hard drive now plugged into the new computer and being used in Pro 10.

We have managed to complete our project working around all this and hope that future projects originating in Pro 10 don't have these issues.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Too bad no one responded, that was something I've never seen.

You might try resetting Vegas to it's default values to see if that helps, or reinstalling.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Regular Crew

If you haven't already, try posting this on the Sony official support forum.
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #5
Major Player

Jeff, I did try reinstalling Vegas but had the same issue.

Chip, I will do as you advise and post the issue on the Sony forum. I have never been there so need to check it out. I take it that it is at the Sony Creative Software site?
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons View Post
Chip, I will do as you advise and post the issue on the Sony forum. I have never been there so need to check it out. I take it that it is at the Sony Creative Software site?
Yes it is.
Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video
You need to be registered to be able to post a question.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Too bad no one responded, that was something I've never seen.
That is why no one responded. Since we have not seen it, we had nothing to contribute.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Trustee

i would suspect that it has more to do with your system font settings or vid card settings than with vegas since i have neither seen nor read about such an occurrence in many years on assorted vegas forums.

sorry can't be of more help

Last edited by Leslie Wand; February 17th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #9
Trustee

I had a similar problem which was also not fixed by reinstalling Vegas. I finally was able to fix it by uninstalling VEGAS and then deleting the Vegas entries in the Registry. The problem is that many of the setup variables remain in the Registry after uninstalling Vegas and if one or more of the values are incorrect, the problems that result remain after reinstallation if they aren't removed from the registry first.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas can be reset back to factory defaults by holding down CTRL-SHIFT when starting Vegas which may have done the same thing as totally removing and resinstalling.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...