You Tube Search Criteria Keywords.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Major Player

You Tube Search Criteria Keywords..

I am trying to figure out a consistent way to post videos on you tube so people can find them.. I have been trying to use the title "DAVE-TV Madison Protests" and inserting this info into the "keyword" area when uploading, but people are having trouble finding the video of them in it.

I am constantly getting asked by people "Where can I see this video?"

I would like to have a website in the future that links to the videos, but right now I simply dont have the time.

Suggestions for something quick?
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: You Tube Search Criteria Keywords..

Use commas between the words. And add as much pertinent information as you can think of. For example: "DAVE-TV, Madison, Wisconsin, union, unions, protest, protests, revolution, Scott, Walker" (without the quotes). If you do not use commas, people would have to search literally for your long "keyword." With commas, any combination of some of the keywords will work.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

also use one instance of dave tv and one instance of dave-tv because people doing a search for it might or might not use a dash.
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys... I cant shoot the video fast enough and get it edited and posted..
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ruhland View Post
I cant shoot the video fast enough and get it edited and posted..
You're shooting history. No matter how it ends, your footage will be studied for decades, perhaps even centuries!
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Regular Crew

You shouldn't have people search for your videos as the primary point of entry. You should provide them with a direct link to your channel or playlist. Paste it in emails. Print it on business cards. Be ready to whip it out at all times. (That's my motto...)

Continue to add your keywords, but in this situation, it should not be the main way you direct people to your videos. Also, when they go to your videos, you should encourage them to subscribe so they receive automatic updates.

The keywords field is just one of the three main fields searched. Title and video details are also important.
Christian Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...