DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Mercali V2 Pro on sale at Digital Juice (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/492643-mercali-v2-pro-sale-digital-juice.html)

Mike Kujbida March 4th, 2011 09:35 AM

Mercali V2 Pro on sale at Digital Juice

ProDAD Mercalli V2 Pro
$99.50, regularly $199.00

As John Rofrano demonstrates, this is the new and improved version.
YouTube - ProDAD Mercalli V2 for Sony Vegas Pro Quick Look

Please note that this is for Vegas Pro only, Movie Studio is NOT supported.

Adam Stanislav March 4th, 2011 02:51 PM

Re: Mercali V2 Pro on sale at Digital Juice

Sadly, the web site says it is the standalone plus the plug-in. I ordered it, paid for it, downloaded the software, but the standalone refused to accept the serial number, only the plug-in did.

I then called Digital Juice. They asked me to email them so they can pass the information on to ProDAD. But, until they resolve it, the deal is not what the DJ web site says it is. :(

David Wayne Groves March 4th, 2011 04:15 PM

Just purchased it myself, I received all the download links in my Email for the full stand alone version as well as the plug-in versions ...Will see if they install with the included license on my Vegas 10 and Pinnacle 14 software, plus I will try to install the stand-alone version as well tonight after work..will keep you posted.

Adam Stanislav March 4th, 2011 07:08 PM

Apparently, my problem was just some coincidence. Digital Juice forwarded my email to ProDAD who has promptly issued me a new serial number, and that one works. I'm a happy camper. This is a very good deal, indeed.

Mike Kujbida March 4th, 2011 07:39 PM

Adam, I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out so quickly.

David Wayne Groves March 4th, 2011 08:52 PM

Just sent a Email to Prodad about the same problem, ad-on's installed without a hitch, stand alone version would not accept license key, hope they send me a fix as well very soon...

David Wayne Groves March 4th, 2011 09:22 PM

Just received a new License code within 20 minutes of Emailing prodad support, stand alone version installed without anymore problems..Great response time from prodad....I am pleased...

Curt Talbot March 6th, 2011 06:58 AM

I ordered, paid for and received a licence key but the email with the key did not contain the link to download the software. Would anyone be able to post that for me?

Unfortunately, the customer service is closed for the weekend and I couldn't find anything on their customer forums that helped.

thanks!

Adam Stanislav March 6th, 2011 07:05 PM

I did a quick test (using only John's tutorial for my training) with some shaky footage of mine (EX3 with a 35 mm adapter and a prime telephoto lens) using this plug-in in 64-bit Vegas 10.0c on Windows 7 Ultimate. I did it at 1080p 24/1.001 fps. You can see it at YouTube - Mercalli 2.0 plug-in for Sony Vegas 10.0c Test. Please make sure to watch it in full screen and to select 1080p.

Dennis Helmar March 6th, 2011 08:35 PM

Pro Dad did a promo with Vegas 10 when it first came out for $174.00 now they are under cutting that just to piss off their old customers. All I hope is they aren't going out of business. There upgrades and fixes are few and far between as is.

Adam Stanislav March 6th, 2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Helmar (Post 1625305)
There upgrades and fixes are few and far between as is.

Maybe they believe in doing it right from the start and not needing any upgrades or fixes?

Chris Barcellos March 6th, 2011 10:36 PM

Well, they didn't get it all right, cause I have the same failure on the stand alone installation.

Adam Stanislav March 6th, 2011 10:51 PM

I was talking about the software itself, not the whatever serial number generator they gave Digital Juice.

Mike Kujbida March 7th, 2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 1625320)
Well, they didn't get it all right, cause I have the same failure on the stand alone installation.

I have the same problem so, like Adam, I'll be sending an email today and hope to get a new working serial number.
The Vegas version works just fine so hopefully it's just a minor glitch.

Kind of off topic, does anyone know if ProDAD lets you install it on multiple computers like we can with Vegas?

Adam Stanislav March 7th, 2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1625383)
Kind of off topic, does anyone know if ProDAD lets you install it on multiple computers like we can with Vegas?

As is well known, no one ever reads the license agreements, so I had to search the web and could not find the answer. Finally, I opened the Mercalli help file. Under "General Information" is a link to a page called "Copyright". And about one third down that page, it states:

The present product may only be installed on one computer.

So, my guess is the answer is no.